|This homebrew makes permanent changes to your Wii's flash memory (NAND) and should be used with caution.|
Crazy intro is an autoboot homebrew to use along with Preloader.
You can use Crazy intro to customize the opening of your wii. You can display your selected picture and play the music of your choice at each start of your wii. Also you can assign your frequently used channels to the directional buttons on the wiimote. You can use B button to quickly access homebrew channel.
|Launches Homebrew Channel|
|Launches System Menu|
|Launch configured channels|
|Standby or power off|
|Escape launch to system menu in case of non-synced wiimotes|
0.7 - 17/07/2009 - http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/CrazyIntro-v0.7.rar
- Title type now configurable, you can launch hidden channels, system channels and such...
0.6 - 03/05/2009 - http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/CrazyIntrov0.6.rar
- Using latest libogc, sdhc support along with it.
- Birthday feature added. If one of your miis have a birthday a customizable image displayed and an mp3/mod file played along with it greeting the user. Birthday feature uses Libmii.
- Press picture can use tilesets which can be used to create simple animations. For better description of the feature take a look at crazyintro-explained.xml in the archive. Also three images and three example configuration files supplied in the archive.
Dancing girl animation : Nipson / from demo Eiger
Birthday music : Jogeir Liljedahl
0.5b - 22/03/2009 - http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/CrazyIntrov0.5b.rar
- Using GRRLIB 4.0
- Able to use effects fully configurable using the config file
- Picture size & position is configurable and press this and that stuff can be used too...
- Reset button leads to the system menu to overcome the wiimote sync issue with preloader.
- If there is no custom stuff on the sd card then displays a default intro
- All resource files should be in a folder named crazyintro in the sd card, and program no longer uses default names for sound and picture. Everything is configurable in the config file.
- Supporting 16/9 aspect ratio (?)
0.3 - 07/02/2009 - http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/CrazyIntroV0.3.rar
- Shutdown with wiimote works... Normal power button or reset doesn't work, probably interferes with mp3 playing... yet to be resolved.
- Made it somewhat configurable, you can assign channels to directional buttons in the wiimote and quick boot into them. Example config xml provided. PictureIntroEffect and PictureOutroEffect settings have no use at the moment.
0.2 - 31/01/2009 - http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/CrazyIntroV0.2.rar
- Now returns to menu when music stops
- Fixed a file reading bug
0.1 - 31/01/2009 - http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/CrazyIntroV0.1.rar
- Initial Version
Install Crazy Intro
- Put your custom opening picture in the crazyintro folder and change the config file respectively. (use resolutions that fit your chosen video mode, also supply offset values for the picture if needed)
- Put your custom intro music in the crazyintro folder in the root of your sd card and change the config file respectively.
- Put the CrazyIntro.dol in the root of the SD/SDHC card.
- On power up press reset to configure Preloader .
- Select "settings".
- Change "autoboot" to "file" .
- Change "return to" as "systemmenu".
- Install the CrazyIntro.dol using "install/load dol File" feature of Preloader..
- Reboot your wii.
Using custom channel launching
If you want to use custom channel launching, edit UpButtonLaunches, RightButtonLaunches, LeftButtonLaunches, DownButtonLaunches tags in the crazyintro.xml configuration file. Title ids are Asciified low word of the full title id of the channels. HAXX for homebrew channel for example. You can use installed channels at the moment (not nintendo stock channels like mii channel, weather channel etc.)
|Hide and Seek|
Hide and Seek (Hidden Channels)
Starting from version 0.7, Crazy Intro can now launch hidden channels installed in your Wii. To create them, you can use the Hide and Seek utility. Hidden channels don't have banners so there is a minimum risk of brick. Still don't use them if you don't have any way to fix your Wii (like Preloader and/or BootMii).
Hidden channels are legal to distribute as long as you are the author or has the permission from the author for the executable in the hidden channel. They don't contain any ninty stuff.
How to Use
- Unzip the download file anywhere in your computer.
- Start HideandSeek.exe
- Just select a dol and a title for your hidden channel, then click Create. The WAD will be avaiable into the Wad directory.
- To remotely install the WAD in your Wii, start HBC and let it connect to your network. Then use the Install Button at Hide and Seek, and enter your Wii's IP (you can check it in the about menu).
Configuration for the latest 0.5b depicted in the sample configuration file.
<?xml version="1.0"?> <config version="1.4"> <!-- Along with 0.4, this file should reside in crazyintro folder of your sd card. Now usable tags are : For effects : PictureIntroEffect, PictureEffect, PictureOutroEffect For images : BootImage, PressImage For music : IntroMusic --> <properties> <UpButtonLaunches title_id="" title_name="" /> <RightButtonLaunches title_id="" title_name="" /> <LeftButtonLaunches title_id="" title_name="" /> <DownButtonLaunches title_id="" title_name="" /> <!-- Intro effects are none : doesn't do anything just skips to the picture effect part fadein : fades the picture from full alpha to zero alpha, param1 is speed (1-255) bandup : parameters not used, experimental, doesn't work well banddown : opposite of banddown.. parameters not used enlarge_in : just try it out, param1 is speed alternate_lines : alternate stripes of the picture come from each side of the screen and form the image. parameters are not used. stripes_up : the effect that I wanted to make perfect, but I ended with this poor implementation, parameters are not used. --> <PictureIntroEffect selected="fadein" param1="5" param2="0" /> <!-- Picture effects are none : just displays the custom logo without applying any effects wobble : sinusoidal wobbling effect, param1 is speed (1-255), param2 is wobble width divisor (1-16) presspicfade : you get a health screen much like the nintendo's health screen with this, supplied press image (with PressImage tag) is positioned on top of the boot logo with the given offsets and fades in and out. enlarge : sinusoidal enlarge in x axis, param1 is speed (1-255) scrollx : scrolling on the x axis, param1 is speed (1-255) enlarge_xy : sinusoidal resize effect on both axis, param1 is speed (1-255) in_out_rotate : zooming in, out and rotation... param1 is speed (1-255), if param2 is not zero than picture's opacity will change with regard to it's distance... zoominout : zoom in and out without rotation... param1 is speed (1-255), if param2 is not zero than picture's opacity will change with regard to it's distance... sinusrotate : rotates the picture clockwise and anti-clockwise just around 45 degree, param1 is speed (1-255) fullrotate : don't use this, it keeps rotating the picture :) , param1 is speed (1-255) --> <PictureEffect selected="fullrotate" param1="1" param2="1" /> <!-- Outro effects are none : does nothing fadeout : will fade the picture out, param1 is speed (1-255), note : fade out doesn't capture the screen so this is only useful for the presspicfade effect. alternate_lines : much like the intro effect counterpart but this one dismiss the picture off the screen. again no parameters for this one. --> <PictureOutroEffect selected="alternate_lines" param1="5" param2="1" /> <!-- Image could be either png (rgba format) or a jpeg... make sure it resides in the crazyintro folder x_offset,y_offset are the horizontal and vertical offsets the picture will be drawn on screen... so you can use small picture or make necessary alignment regarding your display --> <BootImage filename="boot6.png" x_offset="120" y_offset="40"/> <!-- Comments for BootImage holds true for this too... this image is only used in presspicfade picture effect Make sure you have a corresponding area set to certain color in your boot image to allow the fading in and out of this image --> <PressImage filename="press.png" x_offset="445" y_offset="400"/> <!-- This is the music that will be playing after the intro effect... can be cheesy mod format music or an mp3, make sure it resides in folder crazyintro --> <IntroMusic filename="boot.mod"/> </properties> </config>
Intermediate video version
A video version is available based on mplayerwii, you can use any video that you can play with mplayerwii at the start of your wii. Installation & Usage is same with jpeg/mp3 version, single tag added into the configuration file to define the video/videos to play.