|This application has not been updated in some time and may be abandoned.|
|Licence||None specified (open source)|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
Music player for the Wii. It has a nice interface and is skinnable. It plays mp3, ogg, flac and other formats but does not work with wma or aac. It is a native Wii application (no Wii Linux) with the intent of being a multi-source media player on the Wii.
|Up one directory on file browser|
|Toggle random play|
DragonMedia Player will pick up files anywhere on your SD or USB stick, and plays sequentially once a file has started. Simply install into the HBC by copying the dmp folder in the zip file to /apps/ and run the program. Do not rename the folder as DragonMedia Player expects things to be in the correct place in order to function. For the changelog, please look inside either the source or the binary zip file.
Currently, this list is limited, as I have tried to set up the application framework before porting codecs. I am working on getting more formats such as aac/m4a integrated, and I am interested in supporting as many strange formats as possible even beyond what is already implemented.
DMP also supports a few playlist types.
Supported File Sources
Again, this list is very limited, nothing from DVD or Internet supported yet.
- Front SD
Things I would like to add when I get the time:
- Meta tag support (embedded images, id3, etc)
- File source from Internet (and DVD if documentation comes out)
- More interactive theme support
- Video (?)
Tracker formats (mod, s3m, etc.) always playing in "loop" mode.
At this point, I'm not open to suggestions as it is too early. However, if you find a bug, please feel free to edit in the discussion of this page to let me know. Please don't take this as a suggestion to fork. I will start taking suggestions as the project stabilizes. Be patient!
To install these themes, unzip them into the themes directory. Then, in the home menu, select the theme on the list. If you are interested in creating a sharp looking default theme, let me know and I'll consider including it as the official default. The one thing is, it has to be entirely created by you; no outside images.
|Name||Custom Icon||Author||Description||Screen shot||Download|
|Dark-Ice||DasBaUm||A very dark theme with bright-shining ice-blue buttons and font||Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2||Download DMP_Dark-Ice|
|Fire and Ice v2||Wolfmanz51||A Radical and awesome Fire and ice theme by me and DasBaUm(updated now the icons work)||Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2||Download Fire_and_Ice_for_DMP_0.14b.zip|
|R.Betis||serneo||A theme dedicated to the supporters of Real Betis||Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2||Download R.Betis_for_DMP_0.14b.rar|
|Xbmc||J-roen||A theme based on the X-Box Media Center||Screenshot 1||Download Xbmc_for_DMP_0.14b.zip|
|Windows Media||twofive||Windows Media Center Theme based off Dark-Ice theme||Screenshot1 Screenshot2||Download|
|neOn's PBall PE & neOn's PBall WME||NeOn||A pack of two skins : neOn's PBall Purple Edition & neOn's PBall Wii Mood Edition||Double Screenshot||Download NeOn's PBall PE & WME|
|WiiNative||rugby471||A theme that captures the Wii's unique style (with large controls for easier of use).||Double Screenshot||Download WiiNative|
|Condorstrike||Condorstrike||Condorstrike is a beautiful Dmp skin-theme with intricate details||Screenshot1 Screenshot2||Download Condorstrike.zip|
|Regal Orange||Durda dan||A nice orange skin with a classy font. This is an Update of the old one, Now with Cursor!||Screenshot||Download Regal Orange.Rar|
|mh_mini's Green||mh_mini||Based slightly off Windows Media Player. Easy to look at, effective and green design.||Screenshot||Download mh_mini's Green.rar|
|Dark Ice Mod||aidanharris||Based on Dark Ice But in my opinion with a new colour scheme looks a lot better||Screenshot||Download Dark Ice Mod.zip.zip|
|HBC||aidanharris||A Home Brew Channel Design For Dragon Media Player||Screenshot||Download HBC.zip|
MORE THEMES COMING SOON
Please submit any translated language files for DMP in a similar format to the skins table above. Keep in mind anything that isn't a filename in DMP can be translated, and the translations will accept any utf-8 string.
|Language (Language in english)||Author||Description||Download|
|Dansk (Danish)||razor101||Dansk oversættelse til DMP||Hent her|
|Deutsch (German)||jpmey||Deutsche Übersetzung des DMP||Herunterladen|
|Nederlands (Dutch)||Sanderevers||DMP Nederlandstalig||Download Dmp_nl.zip|
|Español (Spanish)||TyRaNtM||Idioma Español para DMP||Bajar dmp_espanol.rar (0.16a)|
|Suomi (Finnish)||Quu||Finnish Language for DMP / Suomenkielinen käännös DMP:lle||Download here|
|Français (French)||Whibo||Langue Française pour DMP||Télécharger dmp_french.zip (0.16a)|
|Italiana (Italian)||Pokescout||Lingua Italiana per DMP||Download dmp_italian.zip|
|Polski (Polish)||Groovy||Polskie tlumaczenie DMP||Pobierz/download|
|Português brasileiro (Brazillian Portugese)||Juliamoron||Idioma português brasileiro para o DMP||Baixar Dmp_portugues-br_1.6A.zip|
|Svenska (Swedish)||MorpheuZ||Swedish translation of DMP/Svensk översättning av DMP||Ladda ner|
|Türkçe (Turkish)||I R on||DMP için türkçe dil dosyasi||Indir|
|简体中文(Simplified Chinese)||Bigfish||Simplified Chinese lang pack for DMP||Download dmp_lan_zh_CN.rar(0.16a)|
|Magyar (Hungarian)||ginfoka||DMP magyarítás / Hungarian translation for DMP||közvetett nyilvános letöltés|
|???????? (Greek)||PH0eN1x||???????? ??a DMP / Greek translation for DMP v0.16alpha||Download|
|Català (Catalan)||Antitot||Idioma Català per al DMP||Català|
- Added support for ym emulated files.
- Added in support for changing menu text font.
- Added repeat mode (sequential with loop around).
- Changed ogg read size to support some files.
- Fixed freeze with a few mp3s.
- Fixed freeze with some sid files.
- Added sid playback support.
- Added snd/sndh/sc68 playback support.
- Added language file support.
- Tweaked a few things to refine more.
- Fixed memory leak in emulated support.
- Location in filebrowser is preserved when browsing to subfolders.
- Added ay/gbs/gym/hes/kss/nsf/sap/spc/vgm emulated support.
- Sequential/random setting is preserved across skin changes.
- Song highlight preserved across skin changes.
- Fixed crash with usb keyboards and lan adapters.
0.13 Alpha 2
- Fixed core dump on loading pls files.
- Added m3u/pls playlist support.
- Fixed a few memory leaks (switching themes and playing songs should be more stable).
- Fixed a few misc stability issues.
- Implemented read-ahead buffer to help with some choppy files on usb.
- Fixed settings not getting saved if you don't change the theme name sometimes.
- Added load screen for impatient noobs.
- Added ability to change themes from menu.
- Added more options to home menu.
- Integrated USB patches (no guarantee that it works).
- Fixed 24bit flac support (note that SD card is the limit for playing back).
- Settings now get saved from home menu.
- Home menu is now functional.
- Added random playback mode.
- Added support for wav encapsulated mp3 files.
- Added support for ogg flac files.
- Added flac support!
- Fixed the reported crash with mp3's and weird xing headers.
- Should no longer crash if you eject the SD while playing music.
- Should not crash (now just exits to loader) if no menu background is present.
- Added ogg vorbis support!
- Added utf-8 support (including japanese/chinese if you select a proper font).
- Changed default font to Deja Vu (no licensing issues).
- Fixed background image not moving with screen adjustment.
- Fixed seek bar allowing seeking using (+) and (-) on unseekable file formats.
- Improved scrolling on file list and dragging of seek bar.
- Added seeking via (+) and (-) while hovering over seek bar.
- Added cursor hotspot adjustment.
- Added optional flashing drive light to music.
- Added optional icons to file browser.
- Fixed FFT.
- Added in background image capability.
- Added seek bar.
- Added new hotkeys. Left/right to select different songs. (1) to play/pause, (2) to stop.
- Changed directory enumeration method to speed up changing directories and fix large directory crash.
- Fixed bug where scrolling would stop one file short of the bottom.
- Fixed some text ignoring theme settings for color.
- Fixed modules not starting from the beginning after hitting stop then play.
- Refactored some code for easier addition of new codecs.
- Added mp3/mp2/mp1/mpa support (libmpg123 for better quality).
- Added mod/xm/it/s3m support (dumb + mikmod to combine best of both, more files supported).
- File browser now scrolls with next/previous.
- Sounds do not have first bit cut off anymore.
- Added scrolling support to the browser.
- Added (-) support to go up a directory quickly.
- Added sequential play ability.
Third Public Build
- Vastly sped up text rendering.
- Fixed more sound quirks.
Second Public Build
- Added graphic eq meter.
- Fixed some sound inconsistencies.
First Public Build
- Lists directories and files on SD card.
- Plays wav files.
- Includes limited theme support.