FCE Ultra GX
A NES emulator for the Wii based on the Pc emulator FCEUltra v0.98.12.
- Best PAL mode: Auto
- Loaders useable: Twilight Hack, Geckoloader, Front SD ELF Loader, Homebrew Channel
- Supports Zip compressed rom images.
- 1-2 Player Support
- Sound Filters
- Graphics Filters (GX Chipset, Cheesy and 2x)
- If you are using the Homebrew Channel just copy the apps directory from the archive to the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader use the executables/fceugx_wii.dol.
- The ROMs & saves files are searched in fceugx/roms fceugx/saves on the root of you SD card, USB periferical or SMB by default. you can copy the fceugx directory from the archive to your support drive.
- Launch the emulator using your Loaders.
|or||/||/ or or||or||Items selection|
|Select a menu item|
|/ or||/||/ or or||/||Down/Up one full page|
|/ or||/||/ or or||/ or||Select previous/next file|
|or Left||Quit the file selection menu|
|Up one directory|
|Load the selected file or enter the selected directory|
In Game (by default)
The controls can be changed in "Controller Configuration" menu.
|or||or||or||Dpad of the NES|
[What's New 2.0.0]
- Complete rewrite based on code from SNES9x GX and Genesis Plus GX
- Wiimote, Nunchuk, and Classic controller support
- Button mapping for all controller types
- Full support for SD, USB, DVD, GC Memory Card, and Zip files
- Game starts immediately after loading
- Load/save preference selector. ROMs, saves, and preferences are saved/loaded according to these
- Preliminary Windows file share loading/saving (SMB) support on Wii: You can input your network settings into FCEUGX.xml, or edit fceuconfig.cpp from the source code and compile.
- 'Auto' settings for save/load - attempts to automatically determine your load/save device(s) - SD, USB, Memory Card, DVD, SMB
- Preferences are loaded and saved in XML format. You can open FCEUGX.xml edit all settings, including some not available within the program
- One makefile to make all versions
What's new Askot-
- Fixed/changed SDCARD slot selection for searching roms, at start you will be prompted for this option.
- Code cleanup.
- Added Wii mode support.
- Give a "Bad cartridge" error instead of locking up.
- Joystick fixes due to libogc r14's changed stick values
- Rearranged menu to make more sense, and consistent with Snes9x
- Add "Reboot" menu option
- Removed "." directory from SD card listing, it's pointless
- Expand DVD reading to DVD9 size (once DVDs are working again)
- Added option to go back a menu by pressing B.
What's new? Askot - 20080326
- Added saving state in SD Card (State files will be saved in root of SDCARD). Note: I can't make it work to save in root:\fceu\saves, so help needed.
- Added SDCARD slot selection for searching roms, meaning, you can search roms from SDCARD SLOT A & SLOT B (Beta, meaning, buggy, but works).
- For standardization, you must create folders root:\fceu\roms to read NES roms files from SDCARD.
- Added C-Left to call Menu.
- Reading files from SD Card it's faster, now they're called from cache after first reading.
- Menu in saving STATE file changed to choose SLOT, DEVICE, Save STATE, Load STATE, Return to previous.
- Added option PSO/SD Reload to menu, still works (START+B+X)
- Modified controls when going into the rom selection menu (DVD or SDCARD):
- Use B to quit selection list.
- Use L/R triggers or Pad Left/Right to go down/up one full page.
- Some menu rearrangement and a little of source code cleanup:
- Every time you pressed B button on any option, play game started, not anymore until you select Play Game option.
Suloku has made a version with wiimote/nunchuck/classic controller support. Download
- This version currently has issues with 32MB SD cards
Vicious1988 has made a version which is able to read from the Wii SD slot. See the thread at TehSkeen.
Took Vicious1988's version, gutted the menu, and tweaked all around. Now load from any directory on SD file. SRAM saves are automatic. Take screenshots to PNG format. Works with GameCube pads and Wiimotes. Long file names for ROMs are not supported natively.
New version with nicer menu, classic controller + nunchuk, use IR as zapper, new scaler (but not as nice as GX...), sort of half-way complete:
Mike Tyson's Jungle Beat
Each bongo has a top and a bottom button. These naturally correspond to high and low punch. To dodge, clap. To use your star punch (or to "Press Start"), hit both top buttons. To block, hold the start button on the bongos.
Download mtjb.zip to get started! mtjb.diff is the patch from the SVN trunk as of today (June 27, 2008). The hack is pretty straightforward, so it's not very large. InjectorSrc.zip is the source code for the injector program, in case someone wanted to compile a Mac version or something.