|With free songs. (27.3MB) Download Without songs. (0.8MB) Download|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
GuitarsOnFire is a GuitarHero clone, like Guitarfun and FretsOnFire. It uses FretsOnFire compatible songs, which can be found all over the internet. Everything will be released under GPL.
In it's current state it supports playing single songs from SD card. Up to 5 players in quick play mode. With 4 guitars and 1 USB keyboard. It has no lag and all the notes are perfect on time.
Current 0.1alpha release lacks one important feature, which is the fact that you cannot fail.
Upcomming 0.8 release
Here is my plan and already done changes for the next release. If the ToDo list is empty we'll have a next release for everyone to enjoy. With many thanks to everyone pointing out stuff in the talk page.
- Customizable scriptable stages. 3 stages included by default (Guitarfun, GuitarsOnFire, Mario)
- Lefty flip
- Load all GFX from png files on SD card
- Load drums.ogg if it exists
- 'lower fret overriding'
- Sound fix when no song.ogg is found
- Gamecube controller support (Untested)
- Classic controller support (Untested)
- Not showing a difficulty if there are less then 10 notes (some songs just add a single note to show up as having all difficulties)
- Added 'start' key for keyboard
- No songs message when no songs are found
- Fix scoring for sustained notes
- Remove tails for short notes
- Add neck/highway gfx
- Keyboard keymap customizing
- Failing a song when playing badly
|Navigate the menu|
|Select an entry|
|Start game (when asked)|
- Mary Jo feat. Tommi Inkila - Bang Bang, Mystery Man (From FretsOnFire)
- Tommi Inkila - Defy The Machine (From FretsOnFire)
- Tommi Inkila - This Week I've Been Mostly Playing Guitar (From FretsOnFire)
- Rusty Jaz MotorFuck - American Radio (From Rusty Jaz MotorFuck site)
This is my personal wishlist long term wishlist. If you have a wish, then add it on the talk page.
- More gamemodes
- Coop (Single song, Gig)
- 5 player versus (Single song and Gig mode)
- 2 vs 2 versus (Single song and Gig mode)
- Last man standing (Playing song after song until everyone but 1 has failed)
- Reading songs from USB drives and (CDs?) DVDs
- Support for 2 USB keyboards, I think it's possible, but requires hacking of Libwiikeyboard library.
- Highscore lists
- Online play