|Author(s)||Team Twiizers, Marcan|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
The Menu Loader is a simple .dol executable capable of rebooting the Wii under custom boot settings.
These options include:
- Debugging Mode (via USBGecko)
- RegionFree Mode for Wii Channels
- RegionFree Mode for Wii and Gamecube discs
- No Music in the Wii Menu
- IOS selection to choose any version of the Wii system menu.
- No Health/Safety Screen
- Improved RegionFree functionality.
- Disable updates
Note that Menu Loader does not work with Wii version 3.4.
The program must be run each time you want to reboot under these conditions.
Simply decompress the .zip file and copy the 'Menu Loader' folder to the folder 'apps' on the root of your SD card.
Place the file boot.dol from the folder 'Menu Loader' on the root of your SD card. Load up the Twilight Hack.
Place the file boot.dol from the folder 'Menu Loader' on the root of your SD card. Load up the bannerbomb.
Simply load the .dol file using one of the above methods. Select your options using the D-pad on the Wii remote and then select "Launch" to boot with your chosen settings. Note that an imported GameCube game can only save to a memory card that is either empty or only has saves from its own region.
To use the 'Region Free' setting, be sure to set IOS to IOS30. This is true if you have installed the 10/23 update, though this has not yet been tested with System Menu 3.4.
According to Marcan, these issues existed in the previous 0.4 build but may be solved by release 0.5 and later.
- Compatibility Issues with RegionFree usage for some discs and Channels on PAL Wii's.
- Compatibility Issues with RegionFree Channels on some NTSC Wii's.