|Author(s)||Uffe Flarup and Peter de Man (music)|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
Error creating thumbnail:
Sand Traps is an original multiplayer puzzle/platform game for Wii homebrew.
The objective of the game is to tilt the board using your Wiimote, in order to guide the sand towards the green exit. In each level you need to save a certain percentage of the sand. If the sand 'falls out' of the board it is lost. If the sand touches the red stone it is also lost.
In some levels you can add new stone, and in some levels you can also remove it again so you can reuse it elsewhere.
- 1 Controls
- 2 Creating your own levels
- 3 Screenshots
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Credits
Creating your own levels
The game will look for level information in the folder on the SD card called '/apps/sandtraps/levels/'. If you look in the folders in here you can see that each level is based on a BMP graphics file and on a text file. The game does not report errors in case there is something wrong with the level information - it just exits without warnings. This might be improved later on.
- For the BMP graphics file it is important that in the same color format as the existing levels, and that you only use the same color indices as in these levels. If you use any other colors the game will exit. The size must be 320 * 320 pixels. Use GIMP to save the image if you experience problems.
- For the text files it is important that you at least have a line break where the comments are. You don't have to keep the comments themselves, but there must at least still be the line break where the comments where.
- The levels must have consecutive numbers and the first level must have number 1.
If you create some good levels I would happily include them in the next version of the game.
Version 2.3 (2010-05-09)
- Added "Sand Madness" levels
Version 2.2 (2009-12-02)
- Background music by Peter de Man added
Version 2.1 (2009-11-15)
- Added "Multiplayer Mayhem" levels
- Reusable stone can now be placed in the BMP level files
Version 2.0.1 (2009-10-11)
- Eliminated possible duplicate/non-working map entries in main menu
- Updated to version 4.1.0 of GRRLIB
Version 2.0 (2009-10-08)
- MULTI PLAYER SUPPORT!
- Code cleanup
- Added end-screen when all levels in a map are completed
Version 1.2 (2009-09-19)
- New levels with new 'crumbling stone' feature
- Improved movement for falling sand
- Level BMP files now uses an indexed palette for easier editing
- No longer uses absolute file paths
Version 1.1 (2009-09-08)
- Several new levels added
- Code cleanup
- Can now zoom in on board (zoom set for each level in configuration file)
- Home button now pauses game instead of going directly to main menu
- Automatically scans 'level' directory for new levels
Version 1.0 (2009-08-27)
- Initial release
Thanks to everyone who leaves comments on the discussion page. Even though I don't leave replies I greatly appreciate the feedback from all of you.