|Version||public beta 1|
Error creating thumbnail:
Smash Stack is an exploit from Comex that uses a flaw in the custom stages in Super Smash Bros. Brawl (NTSC) to load unauthorized code on the Wii. It was released on August 20, 2009. It works for all System Menu versions.
- Move any existing custom stages on Brawl to your SD card and exit the stage builder.
Note: The wii can not have ANY custom stages saved on it. If it does, this will not execute correctly.
- Connect the SD card to your computer and rename the "private" folder to "privateold" in the root of the SD card.
- Copy the "private" folder from the Smash Stack download to the root of the SD card.
- Grab a *.elf file (HackMii Installer works) and put that in the root of the SD card.
- Insert the SD card into the Wii.
- Go to the stage builder and the .elf file will load.
How it works
Smash Stack works by exploiting the way Super Smash Bros. Brawl loads stages. It is different from the Twilight Hack and Indiana Pwns exploits in the way it is loaded. Twilight Hack and Indiana Pwns exploit the save files of their respective games to execute a stack smash and load custom code. Super Smash Bros. Brawl's stage loader loads from the SD card and not from a save file on the Wii itself. Since the exploit is loaded from SD, it completely bypasses the System Menu, making it difficult for Nintendo to patch.