Talk:Accessing Wii Shop Channel From PC
Works for me.
Reason the first page appears blank?
The URLs to shop are probably wrong written. there is "(R)" character, where I think should be "®" string. Can you confirm that? Apparently, the page shouws only "????" to me, in either way. Firefox 188.8.131.52
- That's because "®" is code for the (R) character. 184.108.40.206 12:13, 17 February 2008 (PST)
- B_05.jsp details page
- B_06.jpg more details page
- B_06_1.jpg content frame for more details page
List of titleId's for VC Releases (North America)
|GEN||Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine||000100014D414345|
|GEN||Ecco The Dolphin||000100014D414445|
|GEN||Sonic The Hedgehog||000100014D414845|
|GEN||Space Harrier II||000100014D414945|
|GEN||ToeJam & Earl||000100014D414A45|
|N64||Super Mario 64||000100014E414145|
|N64||Mario Kart 64||000100014E414245|
|NES||Donkey Kong Jr.||0001000146414245|
|NES||Super Mario Bros.||0001000146414745|
|NES||The Legend of Zelda||0001000146414B45|
|SNES||R-Type III: The Third Lightning||000100014A414845|
|SNES||Street Fighter II: The World Warrior||000100014A414A45|
|SNES||Super Castlevania IV||000100014A414945|
|SNES||The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past||000100014A414445|
|SNES||Contra III: The Alien Wars||000100014A414C45|
|SNES||Super Mario World||000100014A414145|
|TG16||Super Star Soldier||0001000150414545|
So far I haven't been able to find Moto Roader anywhere. Its the only one I'm missing. Anyone have the titleId for this?
Does it work for other browsers?
I know that there's a way to change your browser agent in other browsers; for example, Internet Explorer 6 can, by editing your registry settings somewhere (I forget the specifics but I did it once on IE). Is it possible to use any browser with a modified user agent to access the Wii Shop Channel, or does it ONLY work properly with Firefox? --Anonymous 21:46, 12 March 2007 (PDT)
- Any can be used, as far as I know, just Firefox is the easiest to change the user agent string in. 220.127.116.11 12:13, 17 February 2008 (PST)
- Opera is actually one of the easiest, there's a setting right in the program options dialog. In addition, the Wii actually uses the Opera rendering engine so you'd get the best compatibility from it. --18.104.22.168 21:50, 14 May 2008 (PDT)
- Tried to change the user agent of IE7 but that (looks like it) can't be changed Zenuka 01:03, 15 May 2008 (PDT)
Title only shows "F-02"
Has there been a change in the Wii Shop Channel? I used to be able to view it in Firefox, but now I receive a page with 2 dotted lines across it, and in the title it says "F-02". Would the F be Firefox, and have they added detection?
- No, probably stands for "forward". View the source of the page, and you'll see why. Bushing 03:54, 20 February 2008 (PST)
- Same problem, no idea how to fix it.
I too have only been able to see the two dotted lines, anybody figure out whats wrong yet?
Use "htpps://" instead of just "http://", that fixed it for me. --DKII 19:22, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
What can we do with downloaded files? I have heard they are encrypted for each consoles.
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!
- In Accessing Wii Shop Channel From PC on 2009-08-10 15:20:10, Socket Error: '_ssl.c:480: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure'
- In Accessing Wii Shop Channel From PC on 2009-08-12 02:00:20, Socket Error: 'error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure'
- In Accessing Wii Shop Channel From PC on 2009-09-06 23:35:19, Socket Error: 'error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure'
--WiibrewBot 23:35, 6 September 2009 (UTC)