| This page is for the discussion of the Homebrew Channel article itself, not for Homebrew Channel help, commenting, or suggestions.
Please post at the following pages instead:
Why aren't you using the Infobox for this article like is being used on all of the others? I can understand that it's somewhat different, but it's displayed inline with the other loaders and most of which have it (though they are a little outdated!) JD 14:15, 6 June 2008 (CEST)
- 1 wat.
- 2 Update trouble
- 3 Newer Zelda TP discs won't work anymore?
- 4 Banner Font?
- 5 SSBB EU firmware update
- 6 Icon at the bottom right of the screen
- 7 Translations
- 8 Themes
- 9 pal version
- 10 sd card icon
- 11 Does the Homebrew Channel work with system update 3.4?
- 12 All first letters should be upper case in "the homebrew channel"?
This isn't a question or a bug, so I'm putting it here. It bugs the CRAP out of me that the homebrew channel is blue. Homebrews can range from white wheat ales to the blackest of stouts, but if your homebrew is blue, you've done something very wrong. RandomFerret 0:54, 7 June 2008 (EST)
- Hey, you're not alone, Randomferret. I feel the same way. Home brew is not supposed to be blue unless you've got a smurf infestation under the kitchen sink or the bathroom cabinet where you've hidden the hooch. Flark 13:27, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
- The Wii's color scheme is white and blue. --Blooper4912 00:08, 25 June 2008 (CEST)
- Whooosh! :)yossi 12:36, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
I've got a bit of trouble updating to beta9. i've used a downgrader (because i updated by mistake) that's worked fine. but when i go to update via the channel it gets to around 20% the cancels. and i can't find a .DOL/.ELF installer for beta9.
Speggy 19:31, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
Newer Zelda TP discs won't work anymore?
I bought a new Zelda The Twilight Princess game for the Wii to install the Twilight Hack. It seems that Nintendo fixed the disc so the homebrew channel or any other loader wont work, it just freezes. I have repeated the installation steps, formatted my sd card, but it still won't work. I make sure the wii is 3.4u, so i use the save 0.2 beta USA.(RZDE) But nothing, maybe I'm making a mistake, or did Nintendo fix the newer Zelda TP discs?
What's the font for the Homebrew Channel's banner? I want it for a set of app icons I'm making. Krazykevin2000 19:09, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
The font is PF Square Sans, a font by the foundry Parachute. It's a commercial font though unfortunately so I can't share it.-- Soully
Whats the name of that app youre making ?? Adamdmasi 09:40, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
SSBB EU firmware update
I'm not sure, this probably needs to be verified, but the newest firmware update on the European release renders at least the homebrew channel useless. Like I said, this needs to be verified. Not that I used the Homebrew Channel at all, though, but still something worth investigating.
Things that stopped working:
- Running homebrew
- Exiting homebrew channel
--GaryCXJk 12:54, 28 June 2008 (CEST)
- I think if it was a problem, more people would have reported it, as many people have bought SSBB (EU). Have you tried removing GC Memory cards? How exactly does it "not work"? Muzer 13:07, 28 June 2008 (CEST)
Ah crap, forgot to take out the memory card in B slot when playing ToS. My bad :P--GaryCXJk 23:21, 28 June 2008 (CEST)
I know one of the icons tells you if your connected to the internet, but what does the other icon do? It looks like a hand banana on my small 25 inch tv.--DaveyDucati 20:17, 23 July 2008 (CEST)
It shows if a USB-Gecko connection is active. Alexanderpas 22:46, 4 August 2008 (CEST)
Oh....that's what it means..... Zoombus 5:04 PM GMT -5:00 25 September 2008 (UTC)
From [[Homebrew Channel/translations]], which has been deleted.
jpn=自家製チャンネル en=Homebrew Channel de=Homebrewkanal fr=Chaîne Homebrew sp=Canal Homebrew it=Canale Homebrew nl=Homebrewkanaal sve=Hembränt/Homebrew-kanalen (swedish console use the english language, so english is fine, really.)
Are there ways or plans to implement themes for the channel? --Atariangamer 05:24, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, themes would be really cool Rsrockerz 07:13, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- The HBC seems far better than Wii Homebrew Launcher but I do like the way WiiHL looks like the normal Wii Channels. WOuld this be possible in a future update?
is there a pal version of the homebrew channel?????????
Adamdmasi 09:38, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
I think that the Homebrew Channel is region free. -rockybulwinkle
sd card icon
i think it is extra to have an sd card icon if you also have an sdhc card icon. i don't think its likely that a program would support sdhc but not support sd. so no icon means not supported at all, sd icon means only sd but no sdhc, and sdhc icon means all supported yossi 12:41, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
Does the Homebrew Channel work with system update 3.4?
I tried downloading the Homebrew Channel but it told me that it hasn't been tested on system update 3.4 so I canceled it. Chosen One 41 15:53, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, it does work, with the new 3.4 Twilight Hack, just ignore the warning, it's simply there, because 3.4 wasn't out, when the last HBC was made. It should work anyways! chrisis 17:11, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
All first letters should be upper case in "the homebrew channel"?
Is it just me, or should't each word in "the homebrew channel" begin with an upper-case letter like all the official Nintendo channels? (both the hovering text(this one's already "correct"), and the graphic text in the animation of the channel) I think it'd look better following the standard of the other channels.
- I agree its not a huge deal its just one of those pet peaves i guess if thats what you call them. I dont care about grammer much except for capatalizing. Looks professional.