What do we want on the main page? Right now there's a bunch of links to outdated pages :( Bushing 14:22, 1 February 2008 (PST)
Instead of just a pile of links, i think there should be a short description of the wiki & its purpose, and then a handful of links like "Hackers go here", "Noobs go here", "Pirates go here" which then give them more detailed info aimed at their type specifically, and further links from there. 184.108.40.206 17:50, 1 February 2008 (PST)
Name of this site
The name of this wiki appears to be "Wiiki". Could this be changed to "WiiBrew"? Pelago 08:30, 23 February 2008 (PST)
- Appears to have changed since February 23. -Amoose136 11:49, 24 March 2008 (PDT)
Trucha Signer 26/02
Guys, take a look of this http://www.accsoft.org/trucha02.zip "This program let you extracts files, replace files, and insert a "trucha signature" in a Wii disc partition, the source data could be an ISO image or just be read straight from a DVD drive (backup copies)." Credits and webpage: xt5, http://www.ingenieria-inversa.cl
- This will mostly lead down bad paths that will only serve to draw negative attention to the entirity of homebrew progress.
- Why is this supposed to be so? It still doesn't come with the keys or anything. How is it going to draw negative attention? It's not even necessarily useful for piracy. Hell, it's not useful at all right now. ProdigySim 16:40, 26 February 2008 (PST)
New main page
I created a new main page layout here. The header is better as it leaves more space to the news below and the news is now with a nice smooth colo that get along the below articles. Take a look and move it to the real main page if needed!
- Great, looks good. I think that web page layout is more welcoming to new users and the links at the bottom aren't to random pages. (It is more like "New users go to these places, people who know what they are doing, go here." much like 220.127.116.11 17:50 said on: 1 February 2008 (PST)) Ch0p? -Amoose136 11:49, 24 March 2008 (PDT)
Thanks for the great work. This puts to rest everyone's nightmare of having a faulty Wii turned down because it's chipped. Could you please put a video on youtube or some other site or just some pictures? This is too good to be true.
- Expand upon that. It is unclear what you mean by that. (Put online Video\pictures of what?) -Amoose136 11:49, 24 March 2008 (PDT)
Is it possible to run GC homebrew in any way that doesn't involve dismantling the Wii with the latest firmware version (except for converting the files with dol to elf)
I was browsing the wanted pages list and noticed that it was jamed with the translation links. This is a serious issue. My proposal is to do a real translation with the real tools. This means that each language is it's own wiki. Separate user accounts, pages, talkpages, templates, all of it. This means that they are much more separate than now. I believe that this is a good thing, most people don't care about other languages. It works for wikipedia. I do realize that we are not wikipedia, but I think that this is the only solution that works in the end.
If we are going to be multilingual, we must do it seriously, what we currently have is a hack and the issues it has is showing up already, it is time to take control of things before they get out of hand.
I propose that we for now forbid any additions of multilingual pages at all. If any specific language is wanted, they should setup their own wiki install and we can partner up and exchange interwiki links.
With the cool interwiki links, we get this built in "this page in other languages" box in the sidebar too, a nice benefit.
I say, if there isn't enough users that one user can be bothered to host a language, the language is not worth keeping.--henke37 16:01, 21 March 2008 (PDT)
- Agreed. Misuse has only two "s's" and they aren't together. Again, Ch0p? -Amoose136 11:49, 24 March 2008 (PDT)
Just a quick question. Is it normal for there to be almost no one on #wiidev, #wiibrew, and #wiihack? I use pidgin. (There is always less then three people on at a time.) -Amoose136 11:49, 24 March 2008 (PDT)
- No, are you sure you are on irc.efnet.org? Felix123 17:48, 24 March 2008 (PDT)
- #Wiihack now seems to work. On the other channels, it is the same old story even if I connect from the website and do web IRC. -Amoose136 11:35, 25 March 2008 (PDT)
RSS Feed of news?
Is it possible to get an RSS feed of just the news? I tried for the whole site, but then I get tons of crap like RandomWikiPage being translated into dutch. Anonymous 19:18, 26 March 2008 (PDT)
-  This is the best there is. You can hit "History" on any page and there will be an RSS/Atom feed for it in the toolbox to the left. ProdigySim 19:35, 26 March 2008 (PDT)