Is there any chance that the highlight text in the menu can be changed from blue to something like yellow?? its next to impossible to read (or at least for me!?) JD 13:27, 7 June 2008 (CEST)
- Feesh! I'm all over it!
- Cool ;) seen you chatting about on talk pages getting new images. looking forward to it JD 23:12, 7 June 2008 (CEST)
- Feesh! Ok I've done it :D, you can redownload it now, copy the hbc_app folder to your sd card's apps folder and rename it to MAsteroids or whatever you want. By the by- yellow was the perfect colour hehe. Keep any ideas coming.
- Cool ;), I suppose yellow might not be to everyones taste tho (green probably will be!)?? How easy would it be to set the colours in game through the options or through a config file or something?? JD 14:45, 8 June 2008 (CEST)
yea! JD 14:45, 8 June 2008 (CEST)
- Feesh! Only one problem with that, since the game is open source, and there are a ton of things you can change in options, it would be close to impossible to make it legitimate.
Online Battle Mode
given the minimalism of the game, surely you could get loads of players into it without any lag!! JD 14:45, 8 June 2008 (CEST)
- It'd have to be without the asteroids (irony..)
Probably pointless, but the ability to load a custom background from say background.png or something?? If this helps, Jewel Quest has a custom level thing which includes loading the background from files and their source code is available. JD 14:45, 8 June 2008 (CEST)
- 'Feesh!' Totally possible, I learned today that libfat looks in the same folder as boot.elf/dol by default today, so I might go ahead and make a backgrounds folder in there and have the game choose a random one for the background.
I noticed you had support for MP3 music in your source code. I tried placing an MP3 file in /music/masteroids but it seemed to have problems playing it correctly. I suppose this isn't fully implemented yet? Well, I'm looking forward to it. I also found some CC licensed music that would make good background music I think. --ProdigySim 03:17, 8 June 2008 (CEST)
- Yup MP3's would be cool (especially if you could browse to the folder you want to play or something... but I guess thats a massive ask!! Would be cool if someone could code that for others to use tho ;) JD 14:31, 8 June 2008 (CEST)
- Feesh Yeah, I need to add in threading for the music player, but as it stands right now I dont' have a good enough grasp of threads to implement this function fully, but I'm gonna be working on it.