Thanks for this :) Works fine with monkey1 and indy3 in fmtowns versions. Only issue is that it wont return to the sd loader after starting a game . It Returns properly with l+r from the scumm menu , but not from within a game . Also ,the quit game button crashes the app , and locks it up .
l+r returns for me, and monkey island 2 works aswell :), quit make sit crash though :(
- yeah, there is a crash when selecting "quit" on the scummvm gui. it doesn't happen on all games and it's related to the audio thread. press Z on the gamecube pad to jump from the libogc exception hander to the loader. dhewg 08:58, 2 April 2008 (PDT)
I tried Full Throttle and it ran fine except for crashing every so often due to memory issues.
Thaks for the app guys !!!, it works awesomely, i'm sure a lot of people have been waiting for something like this for a long time. I can't wait until wiimote support arrives ;)... I tried monkey island 1, the cdrom version, and although it worked perfectly, the guybrush sprites seemed to have a little color bug, the white pixels looked black, but it only happened with guybrush, all the other white stuff, looked ok. so... i dunno what is causing that, but wanted to let you guys now. THANKS AGAIN.
- i fixed the palette bug in the "test2" version - i hope ;) dhewg 05:18, 4 April 2008 (PDT)
[DjoeN] I uploaded a better youtube movie of scummvm in action (using the "Flight of the Amazon Queen" game) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3w51L0RDbU
Pitty you can't play the game cause the menu interface to pick up things etc... is greyed out
- i dont see anything wrong there, the icons seem to only have that one state dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
The gamecube control is too responsive with Sam And Max Hit the Road (Non CD version). Sometimes is hard to select the right spot on the screen. A button on the GC Controller to make the pointer go slower or a Mouse Sensitivity settings would be nice.
- the gc controller is only a temporary solution until we have stable wiimote libs. i dont know if we should keep the gc controls (depends if a gc version makes sense). until that is resolved i dont plan to improve the gc pad code. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
PAL60 + RGB Mode
Can you please adapt ScummVM to PAL60 mode + RGB cable to avoid red tinted screen? Genesis Plus guys made it (suppose you can ask them how) so we europeans using this config didn't have to switch to composite cable or 50Hz mode everytime we wanted to use homebrew.
- i already fixed that, will be in the next version. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
Am I being ignorant of how far wii homebrew has gotten by asking how long it will take for wiimote support to be added?
- see wiiuse.net, its just not stable enough. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
ScummVM test 2
Bug report 1
The test 2 isn't loading on my system (PAL Wii, 3.2E). It begins to load the ELF file then crashes. I've tried with sdelfload and with scummvm as boot.elf. Here is some loading log:
loading section .header @ 0x80003f00 (0x000000e4 bytes) loading section .init [...] [...] loading section .sdata [...] clearing section .sbss [...] clearing section .bss [...] entry point: 0x80004000 IOS_ShutdownSubsystems() done _CPU_ISR_Disable() done __exception_closeall() done. Jumping to ep now...
Romanito 03:22, 5 April 2008 (PDT)
- gamecube pad in port 1
- no memory card in slot b (check the READMII again if you have a usbgecko)
- sd card formatted to FAT16
dhewg 03:33, 5 April 2008 (PDT)
It works! Thank you! I had no usbgecko but a memory card in slot B. Thanks for this fine piece of software!
Romanito 03:56, 5 April 2008 (PDT)
Loom (FM-TOWNS) crashes
ScummVM crashed with Loom (FM-TOWNS/FM-TOWNS)
When: after the intro sequence, when the bird breaks through the temple window. The program gets back to the scummvm console.
ERROR: (9:46:0xD98): Cannot read resource
Romanito 16:26, 6 April 2008 (PDT)
- this is a known issue in libfat. sorry, cant do anything about it until that gets fixed. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
No speech in Sam & Max (CD)
There is no speech in Sam & Max. Version tested: CD/French. Works fine in scummvm win32.
Romanito 18:47, 6 April 2008 (PDT)
Wrong, its working ! Use the original file (MONSTER.SOU 219 Mo) Version tested: CD/French
Lechuck Norris 23:58, 6 April 2008 (PDT)
OK, thanks for the tip. My version has a compressed file (MONSTER.SOG, 63Mb) and it doesn't work, so I'm not completely wrong ;)
I'll try with an uncompressed one.
Romanito 05:06, 7 April 2008 (PDT)
- all audio formats should work, but i noticed some problems too. im afraid that's related to big files and a libfat problem. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
Monkey Island crashes
Monkey Island 1 crashed after the sequence where Elaine tells Guybrush to come to her house after he finishes the 3 trials (after the underwater part). I exited to the docks on the left and the game came back to the console. Tested several times, crashed each time. If I exit the docks on the right, it works. Version: CD/DOS/French, ogg tracks.
It also crashes while following the storekeeper to find the Sword Master, when I enter the Fork on the island map.
ERROR: Cannot read resource
Romanito 15:04, 7 April 2008 (PDT)
- libfat again :( dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
Simon The Sorcerer (DOS CD Version)
Seems to load OK, only played it for 5 minutes. All we need is some way to implement shortcuts for quitting the game when asked for confirmation ("y" and "n" for english, another ones for other languages), also nedding a "t" key to activate subtitules (I believe it was this one). Voices OK, Music OK, Speech OK.
- i'll look into it, but i think that all options are availabe from the scummvm menu, which is working with the gc pad. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
Is the source code available anywhere? I want to take a look at the changes that have been made, and after all, ScummVM is GPL. -- chrisis 07:57, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
- i didnt release the src because it requires too many patches (even to the toolchain itself). when all requirements are in dkppc/libogc i'll post the src and try to get my work into the scummvm svn. also, im fully aware of the GPL license and handed full src patches to some scummvm dev's. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)