- Workaround for the System Menu 3.4 check. Only works once after being copied.
- The Twilight Hack is now compatible with version 3.3 of the Wii System Menu.
- Improvements in video configuration. The entire console should now be visible in all video modes, and scrolling has been improved.
- For the USA version, the two variants of the hack have been packed into one save file. Just select the save slot that corresponds to your version of Twilight Pricess when you start the game.
- New savegame icons by drmr. The new icons now show which region that version of the hack is for.
- This version now tries to load boot.dol, and falls back to boot.elf if boot.dol is not found.
- Many, many bug fixes.
- Experimental version with FAT32 support. Only try this if you receive an error message while loading boot.elf.
- Correctly loads geckoloader code from USBGecko flash.
- Front SD slot is now supported; SDGecko slot support has been removed.
- FAT16 is now supported; you should save your ELF executable on your SD card as "boot.elf".
- RZDJ is now supported.
- Added support for Geckoloader stub: If you have a USBGecko installed and have already run the Geckoloader program to install into flash, then the Twilight Hack will try to load that stub if it does not detect an SD card.
The Twilight Hack works by employing a lengthly character name for the horse in the game ('Epona') in order to facilitate a stack smash. This gets triggered when talking to the man next to you when you start the savegame as he loads the name to use it in his dialog or upon attempting to enter the next zone, before the man talks to you and reminds you to go the other way to get the horse.
- Can it load files from the internal SD slot?
- Can I load GameCube homebrew with this?
- Not directly. Though you can use the Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher once you've got your Wii ready for homebrew.
- What about if I use doltool or dol2elf?
- No. These tools merely change the container file format, it does not convert between GameCube/Wii code.
- Does this work with the new v3.4 update?
- Yes. At the moment, 3.4 does not properly block the latest version of Twilight Hack, but updating is still not recommended if you can avoid it.
- Can we use games other than Zelda to achieve the same effect?
- What about our current saves?
- There's no easy way to merge saves between files. Use the Twilight Hack to install the Homebrew Channel, then copy your old savefile back into place.
Main FAQ Page: Wiibrew FAQ
- After you load the save, the Wii Remote pointer may move to the bottom of the screen and stay there. It is purely a cosmetic bug and does not affect operation. The Wiimote pointer will return to normal after a reboot.