libwsmenu is a brand new project with the intention of building a wrapper for libwiisprite to easily create menus for homebrew software. It will be hosted at Google Code. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on features that should be included, suggestions on implementation or if this even seems like a worthwhile project. Feel free to discuss on the talk page or to me privately at my gmail address, thavilden@.....
- Main object that takes a one or two dimensional array of function pointers and builds workable menus out of them. Will also need a corresponding array of text or images for each button, button backgrounds, menu background.
- Allow copying a menu object, so that one main menu can be created with other sub menus copied therefrom and modified.
Use wiimote IR input with a default cursorWill just need to use functions that check against info obtained from IR.
- I can't think of an easy way to allow a mix of text AND images over buttons on the menu. Unless maybe an "icon" class with an overloaded constructor?
- The menu, buttons and all will have to sit in a LayerManager, but LayerManager has no visible option, so where do we put the Menu when not in use? Or is it better to discard the menu from memory and rebuild later? Will look into how this is done on other software. Each menu/function can sit in its own LayerManager and be shoved offscreen when needed.
- When allowing some other function to access video that does not use libwiisprite (say an emulator) then how do we make sure the path is clear, so to speak?
- The classes can't be checking the wiimote all willy nilly, so user will have to init wpad and make a call to check called states and all that
- I've forgotten how to deal with passing arrays and dealing with their sizes. That's why I have reference books though.
- I'm starting to think I might want to use vectors or another data structure if it's going to allow adding and removing buttons.
Class Member Function Outline
- Menu(void (*functionpointer)(void),Button* buttons, f32 xo, f32 yo, GxColor bgcolor, Image bgimage)
- void AddButton(Icon newbutton, u32 index)
- void RemoveButton(u32 index)
- bool AnySelected(u32 pressed, u32 irx, u32 iry)
- void RunSelected()
Have this be derived from the wsp::Layer class to hold the background button image, hover button image, foreground button image and/or text? Deriving from wsp::Layer allows it to be controlled as a group in a wsp::LayerManager. Might want to talk to the libwiisprite guys about looking at their source as well. Images here could be sprites instead? Maybe roll the function pointer into the button?
- Button(Image background, Image hover, Image pressed, Image icon, *char str)
- bool IsPointerOver(u32 x, u32 y);
- bool Select(u32 x, u32 y);
- void Deselect();
- devkitpro (libogc/devkitppc/libfat/wiiuse)
Borrowing heavily from