libwsmenu is a brand new project with the intention of building a wrapper for libwiisprite to easily create menus for homebrew software. It will be hosted at Google Code. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on features that should be included, suggestions on implementation or if this even seems like a worthwhile project. Feel free to discuss on the talk page or to me privately at my gmail address, thavilden@..... I'm working out all the details here so the process can be open for feedback. I really hate when a "standard" sort of comes out without any community input and is lousy because the creator didn't think it through all the way. I fear I might be one of those creators.
- Menu object that takes a one or two dimensional array of Button objects, which each contain a function pointer, default button image, hover button image, selected button image, foreground icon and foreground text.
- Menu object will have methods to check if any of the Buttons are being hovered over or selected and then will return or call their pointed function.
- Allow copying a menu object, so that one main menu can be created with other sub menus copied therefrom and modified.
- The menu, buttons and all will have to sit in a LayerManager, but LayerManager has no visible option, so where do we put the Menu when not in use? Or is it better to discard the menu from memory and rebuild later? Will look into how this is done on other software. Each menu/function can sit in its own LayerManager and be shoved offscreen when needed. Maybe if the manager is not drawn before a flush it will not appear? Will look into this.
- When allowing some other function to access video that does not use libwiisprite (say an emulator) then how do we make sure the path is clear, so to speak?
Class Member Function Outline
Inherit from wsp::LayerManager so I don't have to re-implement managing the list.
- Menu(Button* buttons, f32 xo, f32 yo, GxColor bgcolor, Image bgimage)
- bool AnySelected(u32 pressed, u32 irx, u32 iry)
- void RunSelected()
Have this be inherit from the wsp::Layer class to hold the background button image, hover button image, foreground button image and/or text? Inheriting from wsp::Layer allows it to be controlled as a group in a wsp::LayerManager. Might want to talk to the libwiisprite guys about looking at their source as well.
Images here could be sprites instead?In this case unnecessary, unless the Button class is missing some functionality given by the Sprite class.
- Button(void (*functionptr)(void),Image background, Image hover, Image pressed, Image icon, *char str)
- bool IsPointerOver(u32 x, u32 y);
- bool Select(u32 x, u32 y);
- void Deselect();
- devkitpro (libogc/devkitppc/libfat/wiiuse)
Borrowing heavily from