Visual Boy Advance GX
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
- Custom controller configurations
- SD, USB, DVD, SMB, GC Memory Card, Zip, and 7z support
- Turbo speed, video zooming, and unfiltered video options
- SRAM & State saving
- MEM2 ROM Storage for fast access
- Auto frame skip for those core heavy games
- GBA compatiblity based on VBA-M r750, GB compatibility based on VBA 1.7.2
Notes from the Developer
- Speed could still use some improvement. If anyone can make the code more efficient, or is able to activate the PPC assembly code inside, or can make it faster in any way, let me know.
- Everything's been ported from VBA-M, except Blaarg's new sound core and the GB core. These I haven't gotten working (they just crash). If anyone can help debug the reason(s) why, please contact me - I would appreciate the help! The new sound core is supposed to have much better performance (speed), and should make things sound better since it has interpolation. The VBA-M GB core also has a LOT of improvements.
- There's minor screen/sound corruption when switching to a new ROM or from a GB rom to a GBA rom. If anyone wants to fix this, let me know!
- Some games will report that your save is invalid, but then load it up fine anyway. If anyone can fix this, let me know.
- If you are using the Homebrew Channel just copy the apps directory from the archive to the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader use the executables/vbagx_wii.dol.
- ROMs & saves files should be stored in vbagx/roms and vbagx/saves on the root of your SD card or USB flash drive. You can copy the vbagx directory from the archive to your support drive. Your ROMs must be in ".gba" format.
- Launch the emulator using your Loader.
Visit the Official Release/Discussion Thread at TehSkeen
|or||/||or / or Up/Down||/ or||Move through the Menu System|
|Select menu option|
|/ or||/||or /||/||Go to the Last/First file|
|/ or||/||or / or Up/Down||/ or Up/Down||Select previous/next file|
|Up one directory|
|Load the selected file or enter selected directory|
|or Left||Quit the file selection menu|
In Game (by default)
The controls can be changed in "Controller Configuration" menu.
|Left||or Left||Emulator menu|
1.0.3 - October 15, 2008
- New timing / frameskip algorithm - should (hopefully) work 100% better!
- Performance improvements - video threading, PPC core partly activated
- Video zooming option
- Unfiltered video option
- 7z support
- Loading progress bars added
1.0.2 - October 6, 2008
- New core! The core is now a custom combination of VBA-M and VBA 1.72
- Added DVD, SMB, ZIP, GameCube MC support
- Faster USB/SD speeds
- Screen alignment and flickering problems fixed
- 128K save support added
- Better emulation speeds. Should now be nearly full speed all the time for most games.
- Turbo speed feature. Mapped to right C-stick (classic controller & Gamecube controller), and A+B for wiimote
- Controller mapping preferences bug fixed. Your preferences will reset automatically to correct any problems in your preferences file
- Many other tweaks behind the scenes
1.0.1 - September 18, 2008
- GBA games now run at full speed
- Menu improvements, with spiffy new background - thanks brakken!
- Fixed L/R buttons - they work now
1.0.0 - September 16, 2008
- Now compiles with devkitpro r15
- One makefile to make all versions
- Complete rewrite based on code from SNES9x GX
- Now has a menu! ROM selector, preferences, controller mapping, etc
- Wiimote, Nunchuk, and Classic controller support
- Button mapping for all controller types
- Full support for SD and USB
- Load/save preference selector. ROMs, saves, and preferences are saved/loaded according to these
- 'Auto' settings for save/load - attempts to automatically determine your load/save device(s) - SD, USB
- Preferences are loaded and saved in XML format. You can open VBAGX.xml edit all settings, including some not available within the program