This page is a list of criteria for applications to be considered to be added as featured homebrew. This list is kept on a seperate page so it may be included on other pages (eg. Wiibrew:Featured homebrew and Wiibrew:Featured homebrew/Nominations) and remain consistent throughout the wiki.
Note: The content above the following line is ignored on includes.
The application must:
- be completely stable
- contain no major bugs
- be of particular use or value
- be usable by the majority of homebrew users (ie: support for SDHC, PAL, etc.)
- have a quality WiiBrew wiki page (description, usage, controls, screenshots, etc.)
- have a quality graphical interface
- be in one of the following categories: games, emulators, media players, utilities, or loaders
- be HBC compatible and be packaged with icon.png and meta.xml files
- not modify the Wii's flash memory (NAND) or otherwise cause permanent changes to the Wii
- This is not a popularity contest - a new application might be a good candidate for this page, provided it meets the criteria above. Other applications, although popular, are not good candidates for this page (eg: Wii64)
- If there are multiple versions of the same homebrew (eg: MPlayer), the most stable and maintained version will be picked
- The final decision about whether an application will be added is made by the WiiBrew administrators
- An application can be re-evaluated for inclusion at a later date