This page is a list of the latest homebrew news, used for the "Latest news" section on the Main Page. This is not a list for homebrew applications. A list of the most recent homebrew releases and updates can be found at WiiBrew:Homebrew Releases.
Adding an item
- Log in to the wiki. Editing is disabled if you don't have an account.
- Add the news event to the top of the list, using this format for the date: '''13 November 19:''' . Please include the application's creator, version number, and a link to a page on Wiibrew about the application. No external links please.
- Move the last entry to the Events Archive. There should be no more than 4 entrees in the list.
For older news check the Events Archive.
- 14 October 08: BootMii: The Beginning---Bushing and Marcan have released some news about the "BootMii platform", a piece of code that is inserted before boot2 in the boot sequence. It can optionally run code of your choice from SD card instead of loading the normal boot2, even in the case of a bricked Wii (assuming you previously installed it). Hackmii Announcement
- 26 September 08: Bushing and Marcan have started to sell SaveMii, a recovery dongle that fits into the GC memory card port and allows recovery disks to be run. Hackmii Announcement
- 05 September 08: neimod has released a Custom IOS Module toolkit that includes resources to create a custom IOS module.
- 12 August 08: The DVD Access library (libdi and DVDX) and a native-Wii mplayer port have been released. HackMii announcement
- 02 August 08: TehSkeen is running a Wii Coding Competition! Entries are due November 15th; click the link for details.