Difference between revisions of "WiiBrew:News/Archive"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Moved BannerBomb in)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
* '''9 May 09''': [[User:comex|comex]] has [http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/ released] his exploit, dubbed [[Bannerbomb]]. This exploit allows users to run homebrew on [[System Menu 4.0]] and all previous versions.
* '''9 May 09'''
:[[User:comex|comex]] has [http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/ released] his exploit, dubbed [[Bannerbomb]]. This exploit allows users to run homebrew on [[System Menu 4.0]] and all previous versions.
* '''23 April 09'''
* '''23 April 09'''
Revision as of 06:24, 30 May 2009
- 9 May 09
- comex has released his exploit, dubbed Bannerbomb. This exploit allows users to run homebrew on System Menu 4.0 and all previous versions.
- 23 April 09
- A central SVN repository has been set up for SDL Wii. If you want to help maintain the port, please contact Tantric to be added to the project.
- 25 March 09
- Nintendo has released System Menu 4.0, which includes a batch of IOS updates. Installing new homebrew is disabled by this version, so updating is not recommended at this point. Read about it on HackMii.
- 22 March 09
- Some gamers who use online cheats are spreading rumors that Nintendo is banning users from Nintendo WiFi Connection because they have the The Homebrew Channel installed. There have been no reports of homebrew users being banned solely for having HBC installed. Please see marcan's post for more information on these rumors at HackMii.
- 03 March 09
- System Menu 3.5 has been released in Korea.
- 23 February 09
- The DevkitPro Updater has been updated to version 1.4.10. Several other updates to various libraries were also released.
- 19 February 09
- svpe has released an official version of DVDx for System Menu 3.4. Note that PatchMii and advanced modes are unavailable for this version.
- 16 February 09
- John_K is asking everyone to run the BootMii Compatibility Checker on their Wii (Below Firmware 3.4 Only)
- 26 January 09
- 16 February 09
- 16 December 08
- devkitPro issued a reminder of the Drunken Coders 2008 Winter Compo. This year Wii and Gamecube entries have their own prize pool. See Drunken Coders Winter Compo for details.
- 10 December 08
- Many updates for devkitPro have been released. See devkitPro for information.
- 9 December 08
- Team Twiizers' The Homebrew Channel has finally arrived at 1.0. Amongst many things, the new version fixes lots of bugs and glitches, and brings more controller options. See the release announcement on hackmii.com for all the details. Update: Now version 1.0.1. Download Here
- 24 November 08
- Team Twiizers has released the Twilight Hack 0.1beta2, compatible with System Menu 3.4 (only). See the release announcement on hackmii.com. Note: Updating your Wii is still not recommended unless there's an immediate reason for you to do so.
- 18 November 08
- Nintendo has released System Menu 3.4. The usual warnings apply, updating is not recommended until more information is known about its effects on homebrew.
- 15 November 08
- The TehSkeen Wii Coding Competition is over.
- 4 November 08
- The latest Hackmii Announcement is calling for feature suggestions for HBC beta 10. (Closed)
- 29 October 08
- Drunkencoders Winter coding competition is now accepting Wii and Gamecube entries!
- 26 October 08
- The Homebrew Channel has been updated to Beta 9, which can be installed with the new update and includes SDHC support.
- 24 October 08
- Muzer has released Wii Shop and IOS51 installer, a very quick hack of PatchMii that allows you to access the wii shop channel without losing all the functionality of fakesigned stuff.
- 23 October 08
- Nintendo has released an update which blocks fakesigning on all IOSes. Updating is not recommended until further details and implications regarding homebrew are examined. See Wii System Updates.
- 17 October 08
- Pinball Wizard has started collecting data to find what causes wifi connectivity issues. Add your data to the Wii Wifi Tests page.
- 14 October 08
- 26 September 08
- Bushing and Marcan have started to sell SaveMii, a recovery dongle that fits into the GC memory card port and allows recovery disks to be run. Hackmii Announcement
- 12 August 08
- The DVD Access library (libdi and DVDX) and a native-Wii mplayer port have been released. HackMii announcement
- 02 August 08
- TehSkeen is running a Wii Coding Competition! Entries are due November 15th; click the link for details.
- 21 June 08
- Team Twiizers has released the new Twilight Hack, compatible with version 3.3 of the System Menu. HackMii announcement.
- 16 June 08
- The latest Wii System Menu update removes current copies of the Twilight Hack and fixes the hash comparison ("Trucha Signing") bug.
- 17 June 08
- Bushing has already announced a workaround after just 6-8 hours of work! Big thanks to all involved! (technical details)
- 06 June 08
- The Homebrew Channel has been updated to Beta 8, Can be updated online via the channel itself.
- 21 June 08
- Team Twiizers released a new Twilight Hack, supporting the new Wii update.
- 17 June 08
- 16 June 08
- Nintendo of Europe released a new Wii update that killed the Twilight Hack and the Freeloader, and atleast one Wii that had the Homebrew Channel installed on it once got bricked.
- 6 June 08
- Homebrew Channel can be updated to beta 8.
- 3 June 08
- libogc has been updated and "brings vastly improved Wii support."
- 24 May 08
- The official Wiibrew Homebrew Channel has been released.
- 17 May 08
- Marcan uploaded a video showing a working banner for the homebrew channel developed using homebrew tools.
- 12 May 08
- The Wiiware service is now available in North America and does not affect the Twilight Hack in any way.
- 11 May 08
- USB mass storage device tester beta released by svpe. Reads and writes to USB mass storage devices.
- 12 April 08
- A new version of Wii Linux (Proof of Concept 4) has been released, featuring USB keyboard support.
- 9 April 08
- Source code for an experimental TCP loader is now available.
- 7 April 08
- A new homebrew loader is released by hel_hibou. It replicates the Wii menu and allows you to select and load multiple ELF files from the SD Card slot. This Loader allows you to create custom names and pictures for your homebrew titles.
- 4 April 08
- A new version (0.3) of the Wii Proof of Concept Linux with read and write support for the front SD card slot has been released over at GC-Linux.org.
- 3 April 08
- A winner has been chosen for the Homebrew channel music contest. Congratulations to drmr for his loop!
- 1 April 08
- 25 March 08
- A winner has been chosen for the Homebrew channel banner contest. Congratulations to souLLy and his awesome entry. The music contest is still on.
- 22 March 08
- The much-requested source code for DesktopMan's Tetris Wii has been released. The original post can be found on DesktopMan's site and it can be downloaded from there (RAR) or here (TAR GZ). (Note: This does not contain a binary, nor is it a new version. It does include a Visual Studio project.)
- A new Wii System Update has been released, containing a new version of the firmware (IOS37) with a fix for the signing bug. A further update is required to activate this fix.
- Note this is NOT the update from a couple of days ago that was related to Wiiware.
- 21 March 08
- Experimental Twilight Hack 0.1alpha3b has been released. FAT32 support added.
- There is a new minor update available to the Wii Shop Channel, related to the coming of Wiiware. It does not affect any current hacks and is "safe".
- 19 March 08
- Wiifuse v0.2.0 is out. The included Wiifuse server lets you remotely mount your wii NAND filesystem on your PC.
- 18 March 08
- There is a new art contest and music contest. Scroll to the top of the linked page for info on contests.
- 16 March 08
- Bushing showed a video with the worlds first homebrew channel on a Wii (Warning: don't immediately jump on IRC to ask for a release, if it ever gets released it will be right here.)
- 15 March 08
- We're now on a new server, It should be much, much faster. We also have a squid proxy set up and dishing out static pages before you ever hit the mediawiki thanks to pab-. -Ch0p
- 14 March 08
- Twilight Hack alpha3a is out. Front SD with FAT16 support!
- 10 March 08
- geckoloader v0.0.3 is out. Less requirements and more features. Happy happy, joy joy!
- 9 March 08
- AtaWii Beta 1.0 has been released ( An Atari St emulator )
- An SDLoader for Wii to be used with the Trucha Signer was released yesterday at the Spanish forum of elotrolado (This is an ISO Image used to make development faster. The ISO is a loader which loads files (*.dol) from the SDGecko so developers don't have to re-burn a DVD every time they make an update, they just have to update the SD card. A modchip is still needed.)
- Super Smash Bros Brawl System Update
- Super Smash Bros Brawl (NTSC) apparently includes a required system update before the Wii is able load the game. The update is only available through the game disc itself and not through Wii Online Update. It is most likely just bug fixes for the game and includes the standard warning about the update possibly bricking the wii if you have any "Unauthorized Modifications", but so far this update does not appear to affect the Twilight Hack on unmodified consoles. -Cyber
- 4 March 08
- 1 March 08
- Eke-eke has released a Wii version of his Genesis Plus emulator. The first Genesis Plus emulator with the ability to play Virtua Racing.
- Geckoloader is released by dhewg. Geckoloader is a Wii program that transfers DOL binaries over USB Gecko, for faster loading and testing of homebrew applications.
- 29 February 08
- Release 14 of devkitPPC (the gamecube toolchain aka libogc) just hit the streets. This version includes support for the Wii. News post. Grab the code.
- 27 February 08
- Victor Muñoz has released a disc-signing tool for the Wii -- "Trucha Signer". More info.
- 26 February 08
- WiiBrew.org suffered from Slashdot yesterday, today it's time for Digg to hammer the wiki.
- 25 February 08
- WiiBrew.org suffered the wrath of being Slashdotted. After a brief stint of downtime and some generous donations, WiiBrew (as you can see) has returned.
- Nintendo has released system update Wii Menu 3.2 across all regions. It does not appear to affect current exploits. Details in Homebrew status
- 24 February 08
- GC-Linux has released a Wii Proof of Concept mini-distro. GC-Linux main page PoC Download(Works with usb Gecko)
- 22 February 08
- Beardface has released a new version of the EasyIOS application for the Wii. The new version is a stable release that allows those too lazy to code to contribute to the development effort.
- 19 February 08
- Team Twiizers (tmbinc, segher, bushing) released an updated version of the Twilight Hack. It is now possible to load ELF files from an SD card using an SD Gecko (or similar). Be sure to read the included README.
- 19 February 08
- Christian Auby aka User:DesktopMan has managed to port Tetris to the Wii. The game can be loaded using the Twilight Hack. Download the video  (also on Youtube ) and the ELF file  from his website.
- 15 February 08
- laZmike displays a small "Hello, World!" demo using the Twilight Hack. You can view the video at 
- 14 February 08
- "Auby" has managed to have the Twilight Hack load a pong game! As of right now, it doesn't do much because there are no controls. You can see it in action at  (smooth video but takes a while to load) or  (choppy video but loads a lot faster) Happy Valentine's Day to Everyone!
- TikTok n' Botch run tachtig on Zelda exploit, make "release". Film at 11.
- 13 February 08
- say hi to Wiifuse server, a new tool with a ridiculous big list of requirements.
- 12 February 08
- 11 February 08
- Contest is over! Guess why :) Twilight Hack
- 4 February 08
- We are currently running two logo contests; Check them out here!