What is "The Fish Disk" mentioned? I can't find another page on WiiBrew that mentions it. -- karaken12 23:06, 9 May 2008 (PDT)
- Its the Nintendo service centre disk that can backup settings from a wii and allow them to be transfered to another. Cboomf
- Thanks. Added link on this page. karaken12 01:27, 10 May 2008 (PDT)
I would like to know, if I download the Homebrew Channel, will I be able to get rid of the Twilight hack? And after that be able to use my Twilight Princess game again? Or do I have to keep my Twilight hack in to keep the Homebrew channel working
Do the "brew" games cost anything? You know like the wii shop channel uses the points system.
No--Arikado 21:59, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
Do homebrew applications have access to the Wii message board, or the 16-digit Wii Console Number? Unbibium 22:23, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- In theory, we should be able to do anything with our code. I've seen the application Playstats take advantage of the data on the Wii Message Board, but I haven't heard of anything doing anything with the Wii Console Number.--Arikado 23:57, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
My WiiBrew General Questions Topic
I have a sort of an FAQ thing here on the forums: http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?24,10494,10494#msg-10494 Feel free to copy and paste stuff from it to the FAQ.--Arikado 22:05, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Wow, that's a much better FAQ than we have here. I have gone ahead and just copied the whole thing over here, although it needs some wikification. We should try to keep any information on the forums synchronized with the wiki. --Blooper (Talk) 22:35, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you. I wrote the FAQ for the forums because I wanted to decrease the number of n00b topics being posted everyday. I will do my best to keep this page synchronized with the forum page should either one ever become updated. Unfortunately, I suck at using wiki software so I dont think I'll be able to contribute to the "wikification" process of the wiki version.--Arikado 23:02, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- One more thing, a lot of things will have to be reworded in the wiki version. Sentences like, "We dont support that in our forums" dont really make sense on the wiki page. I will do my best to do rewordings to keep things like that ever so slightly differentiated. BTW, the links in the forum version were lost in transition to the wiki page.--Arikado 23:08, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Wikification usually refers to basic stuff, such as adding [[links]] to articles already on the wiki and using == headers == to format the article. I already added a basic formatting with headings, but it should probably be better organized with === subheadings === (note the 3 equals on each side), similar to the format of the old version of this page. (By the way, if you are having problems with figuring out how to use any other formatting, the Wikipedia Cheatsheet should help.)
- That said, keep up the great work! WiiBrew has been somewhat lacking in the areas of general help, so I'm glad it's finally being addressed.
- --Blooper (Talk) 23:24, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
Alright, I have "wikified" and cleaned up the page to the absolute best of my ability. Thank you for your warm receptiveness and overnall kindness toward my work Blooper.--Arikado 01:42, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
I just changed something in the "What is the root of the SD card question ;)
- Yes, and the new "answer" you gave I found to be confusing and littered unfamiliar terminology that would result in people asking even more questions. The old answer has been restored. Also, please sign your comments.--Arikado 13:22, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
Quick question (2)
Did homebrew work fine whith wii 3.4 version?
Did you even look at the FAQ?--Arikado