|Licence||GPL and Freeware|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
- WiiDoom is available via the Homebrew Browser.
- If you are using the Homebrew Channel, just copy the WiiDoom directory from the archive (located in the apps directory) to the apps directory on the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader, you have to use the "boot.dol" file.
- Place IWAD files in /apps/wiidoom/data/
- To play PWADS you will need a full copy of Doom 1 or Doom 2. Place PWAD files in /apps/wiidoom/data/pwad/
- Launch the game using your loader.
WAD files contain levels, sounds, textures, and sprite data necessary to play the game. The following commercial wads are known to work:
- Original Doom and Ultimate Doom (shareware and full)
- Doom II
- Final Doom
In theory, many of the custom wads created by the Doom fan community may also work.
PWADs can be loaded in the order you choose when launching the program. the start screen allows the player to choose one IWAD (required) and one PWAD.
The PWAD Super Mario Doom, for instance, is known to work.
If the nunchuk is not working when WiiDoom first loads, then simply unplug it and plug it back in.
|/||Automap Zoom In/Out|
- NOTE: Will post gc and classic controller controls later. Too busy now :( --Arikado
- Keycards/skullkeys are not shown in the HUD.
- Some walls/textures are not drawn.
- No music.
Report Bugs at the project page. Please do not use the wiki discussion page to report bugs.
0.4.5 - 29-August-2010
- Full SDHC Support
- Full USB Support
- Classic Controller Support
- Gamecube Controller Support
- Changed /prboom/ to /apps/wiidoom/data/
- Various bugfixes and tweaks
0.4.2 - 13-May-2010
- Compiled against devkitpro r21 and latest SDL.
0.4.1 - 5/12/2008
- Fixed shareware wad crashing bug
0.4 - 17/11/2008
- Added WAD loader
- Finale cast can now be advanced through
- Config file saving/loading works
- Classis stairbuilding enabled by default
- Added IR crosshair option in general settings menu
- Disabled IR crosshair by default
- Fixed vertical resolution to fit on the screen better
- Fixed Twilight Hack Input bug
- Moved messages output location to original spot
- "Reset to defaults" now works
0.3.1 - 10/10/2008
- IR input based on raw values (and seems smoother, IMO)
- BFG/weapon switching bug fixed
- Added (small) IR crosshair, to help with aiming
0.3 - 9/21/2008
- Saving/Loading works (using Nintendo-style save slots)
- Messages are now correctly displayed on screen
- Automap works (panning, zooming, and follow mode)
- Boot.dol distributed instead of Boot.elf (much smaller file)
- Preliminary PWAD support (one wad at a time)
0.2 - 9/10/2008
- Remapped Wii controls to joystick handling code
- Control stick no longer stalls
- Joystick code extended to handle nearly all currently supported device inputs
- IR controls partly implemented (basic turning)
- Menu navigation made consistent with Wii titles
- Audio now plays at correct pitch
- Brightness/Gamma set to low value
- Framerate uncapped
- Weapon switching via Left/Right on D-pad
- IR is now linear
0.1.1 - 8/23/2008
- Fixed the "Quit" bug
- Hit "A" for all instances of "Y" (yes) to verify
- Replaced the Homebrew Channel icon to Funkamatic's
0.1 Alpha - 8/22/2008
- First public version