WiiRadio is a SHOUTcast stream player. It can read from thousands of internet radio streams and play them back on the Wii.
05/16/2009 - Version 0.3 Released!
03/15/2009 - Version 0.2 Released!
|Saves current playing stream to Playlists|
|Back To Browser|
Installing The Application
Copy the "radiow" directory to your SD under /apps
NOTE: DO NOT rename "radiow" directory.
Tested on PAL 3.2 - works fine.
Tested on NTSC 3.3v2, 4.0 - works great!
Copy the playlist file to "/apps/radiow/pls" on your SD card
Saving playlists from WiiRadio will create a *.pls file under "/apps/radiow/pls".
Pressing the "+" button will add the playing station to the Playlists.
Make sure you're getting a decent wireless connection on your Wii for better performance.
Free Space Requirements
WiiRadio requires free space on the SD card for caching. I'd recommend 10MB free.
- Whole new GUI thanks to TiMeBoMb
- Added a visualizer and black screen that acts as a burn reducer
- Loading streams from a playlist have been changed and bugs fixed
- Added a playlist delete option
- Hovering over stations or playlists now scroll giving you all the information
- Added Volume controls
- Added dynamic buffering (if your signal is weak)
- Fixed a crashing bug when parsing the ICY data
- Added more controls from the WiiMote (see above)
- Created a cache per genre so if the SHOUTcast DB does not respond you can play streams. If it does respond it will refresh your cache.
- Caches up to 1,000 stations per genre. No more waiting when you click next or previous
- Now using the new SDL port which improves the look and performance
- Text no longer uses a bitmap, it uses SDL-TTF
- Added informational pop-up's
- Lots of bug fixes
- Changed logo - (Thank You TiMeBoMb for the new logo!)
- Added support for loading Playlist files (*.pls) from the SD card
- Fixed a few minor bugs
- Increased pre-buffer size (this seems to help streaming on the Wii)
Version 0.1 (Preview version)
- First version!
- TiMeBoMb - For all the graphics work, ideas, feedback, support and testing.
- Tantric - For the new SDL Wii Project.
If you'd like to contribute to this project please contact Scanff