WiiSPACE is a retro-themed spaceship shoot-'em-up supporting up to 4 simultaneous players for co-operative play. Features include powerups, bosses, high scores, and an aiming system allowing independent movement and targeting.
WiiSPACE has not been publicly released yet, but should be in a week or two.
|or or||Start, pause|
|,||,||Menu accept, menu cancel|
|Control targeting crosshair|
- Each player controls spaceship of a different colour. Try to defeat each wave of enemies. Once you do, or if you take too long, the next wave will appear. Destroying multiple enemies without dying will increase your score multiplier, but you'll lose it if you're destroyed. Every so often you'll encounter a boss enemy, requiring a unique strategy to defeat.
- Powerups appear every so often. Fly near them to collect them. They don't disappear if you don't pick them up, so you can avoid grabbing them until the best moment.
- Represented by a white triangle inside the powerup.
- Gives your team another life. Lives are shared between the whole team. If your team runs out of lives and your spaceship is destroyed, you'll need to wait for another player to collect an extra life powerup before you can respawn. The player who has been out the longest will be the first to respawn. When you respawn, you'll be invulnerable for a moment.
- If the whole team is destroyed and you're out of lives, the game is over.
- Represented by a small white dot inside the powerup.
- With this powerup, your shots don't disappear when they hit enemies, so they cause more damage and travel through to hit enemies behind. You get a set number of magic shots, so don't worry about the time running out.
- Represented by an explosion icon inside the powerup.
- When you have a bomb, it's carried on your ship until you use it. When you trigger the bomb, it'll destroy all nearby enemies (and damage bosses). Careful! It'll also destroy nearby powerups. Enemies destroyed in this way don't count towards your score, but do increase your score multiplier.
- Represented by a powerup with a thick border.
- If you get hit by an enemy when you have a shield, you'll lose it and become invulnerable for a moment instead of dying. You can't have a bomb and a shield at the same time, or more than one bomb or shield - the new powerup will overwrite the old one.