The Amstrad CPC range was an 8bit microcomputer family released on June 21st, 1984. These computers were sold as a complete bundle including a colour or green screen monitor and a main storage system. CPC was an acronym of Colour Personal Computer. The first digit was a code for the main storage system;'4' denoted a tape deck and '6' a 3-inch floppy disk drive. The Amstrad CPC range included the following models:
- Amstrad CPC 464, 64Kb RAM
- Amstrad CPC 472, 64Kb RAM (only sold in Spain)
- Amstrad CPC 664, 64Kb RAM
- Amstrad CPC 6128, 128Kb RAM
The CPC series was very popular in Europe, mainly in the United Kingdom, France, Spain and Germany (where the CPC was sold under the Schneider brand). Amstrad plc. entered the computing market with the CPC series. They even dominated the European market with their PC clones the PC1512 and 1640. Sales of CPC units are estimated at about 2 million.
You are looking at a machine thats hardware was packed with its Z80A 4MHz processor, 3 channels of sound that made for perfect atmospheres in games, and a very advanced graphical chip for its time: different graphical modes and graphical resolutions changes whilst running. Very few machines have been as big as the CPC was, it survived for more than 10 years and it's a beloved and well known machine by two generations of computing fans that remember it.
Wiituka is the first release of a fantastic emulator of this 8bit computer, developed by D_Skywalk
Usually noob users feel sad with computer emulators, because they don't even know how to RUN games.. with Wiituka this issue is solved.. because it automatically download the games, and execute it like!! "Virtual Console" or Hombrew Browser!!! toy can also use the Gunstick Emulation with the wiimote, incredible!!!
Current Wiituka Features
- It's like real an Amstrad CPC 6128.
- A comfortable Interface that tries to resemble "Virtual Console"
- With online support, download your games from coach.
- First emulator with CPC Gunstick Emulation (Yeah!)
- And the first Wii program that emulates a Green Monitor (Wtf!?!)
And in the next Version
- Redefine WiiMote Keys
- Game List with Screenshots
- Snapshot (and tape?) Support
- Roms details, votes and many more!
By Default the emulator start with a joystick config on Wiimote1 and Cursor config on Wiimote2.
|Joystick Fire Button 1 / Gunstick Fire|
|Joystick Fire Button 1|
|Joystick Fire Button 2|
|Change to Cursor Config (Wiimote 2 default).|
|Change to Joystick Config (Wiimote 1 default).|
|Simply Connnect to work with it.|
|Keep your wiimote aiming to your TV set some seconds for the on-screen keyboard to appear.|
^Tayra^, ^MiSaTo^, xzakox, Kaos Overdrive, Manny2008
- Thx to NoNameNo for making GRRLIB!
- Thx to wplaat for publish his code.
- Thx to Davyg for his keyboard lib.
- Pituka and Wiituka are based on Caprice Core.
And frankly thanks Marcan for your help and your support! :)
The vast majority of original games programmers and publishers have given their permission for their CPC software to be released into the public domain, including Amstrad who released the system ROMs. Wiituka uses one of those public FTP repositories to obtain the software. If you need more info, please read this legal note.