Devkitppc setup (Mac OS X)
A guide for Windows users can be found here
This tutorial aims to:
- Show you how to setup the devkitppc development environment on a Mac OS X computer
- Set you on the road to creating your own homebrew software to be loaded with the Twilight Hack
- Install the Xcode tools (found on your OS X install DVD or at Apple's Developer page.
- Follow the instructions at devkitPro's 'Getting Started' Wiki to install the devkitPPC tools on OS X.
Building an Example Project
- Launch Terminal (found in /Application/Utilities).
- Type 'cd ', then drag in the folder for one of the example projects.
- Type 'make', and your project will be built. A *.dol and *.elf file will appear in the folder.
Building a Project in Xcode
- Launch Xcode.
- Select "New Project…" from the File menu.
- Under "Other", select "External Build System".
- Name your project, and pick a place to save it.
- Start by dragging in the Makefile and source folder from the 'template' example.
- In the sidebar, under "Targets", double-click the target with your project's name.
- In the window that appears, click the plus button to add two build settings named DEVKITPRO and DEVKITPPC with the same values as in the installation instructions.
- Clicking "Build" should now build your project. Xcode will even give you appropriate errors if make can't build your project.