Wii Homebrew Launcher
|Wii Homebrew Launcher|
Wii Homebrew Launcher is an interface similar to that of the Wii menu. It allows you to start homebrew stored on your SD card in the Wii front SD slot. Each program is represented by its own customizable "channel".
- Copy boot.elf to an SD card
- Create a folder named 'HOMEBREW' or 'APPS' on the root of the SD card, USB-flash, DVD or a SMB directory share (Windows share).
- For each homebrew:
- Create a folder in the homebrew folder (X:\homebrew\12345678)
- Place The elf or dol in that folder and name it "boot.elf" or "boot.dol"
- OPTIONAL: For a custom name: add a "title.txt" containing the channel's title
- OPTIONAL: For a custom image: add a "title.png" 132x95 pixels.
- Any files related to a homebrew can be put anywhere, despite what it may seem in the example.
You can use Wii Homebrew Launcher for launching a ROM with an emulator. A patched version of RIN is include in the ZIP file. Copy the content of "SD" directory in the root of your SD card. Put yours GameBoy ROMS into /EMULATOR/RIN/ROMS/ directory. Optionnally you can create a .bmp or .png file with the same name of the rom file (just change the extension) of 132x95 pixels.
Homebrew compatible with the interface emulator :
It can be launched from the Twilight Hack or be installed as channel. It requires the use of a Wiimote or a GameCube controller.
|Launch the Channel|
|Select a Channel|
|?||Refresh Channel List / Read DVD|
- To launch homebrew from your PC, create a directory (eg Wii.) Homebrew create folders, apps or emulator in it and place it your homebrew.
- Share this directory (SMB eg.).
- Create / Edit a file SYSTEM/CONFIG/SMB.INI of the SD card.
Server = 192.168.0.100 Share = wii User = gest Password =
To install a translation unzip the archive in the root of your SD card. Check the Downloads section for available translations.
To make your own translation, create a file called lang.ini and put it in the SYSTEM/CONFIG/ folder. Each line is a message to be translated. Only modify what is on the right of the = sign. Here is an example:
nohomebrewfound = No Homebrew found emulator = Emulators homebrewmenu = Homebrew menu return = Return wiimenu = Wii menu restartloader = Restart loader shutdown = Shutdown Wii homebrew = Homebrew applications = Applications themes = Themes themedefault = Default theme wiichannels = Wii Channels pressa = Press (A) invalidexe = Invalid executable file receptinprogress = Reception in progress... connexionerror = Error data reception nofilesfound = No files found
Skins must be installed in the SYSTEM/THEME/THEME NAME folder of your SD card. To make your own skin you must create 24-bits bitmaps or PNG:
- bar.png : Bar at the bottom of the screen
- Bkgr.png : Background
- Button1.png : Unselected button
- Button2.png : Selected button
- Default.png : Default icon for homebrew channel
- Empty.png : Empty icon for homebrew channel
- Font.png : Font
- FontLight.png : Font lite
- Right.png : Right arrow
- Left.png : Left arrow
- Select.png : Image for selected channel
- Sprite.png : Mask to apply at channel icon bar.png
- Cursor.png : Cursor
- MsgBox.png : Message box
- Dir.png : Directory icon
Images could have any size, except default.png and sprite.png . They need to be 192 x 95 pixels.
You must also create a file called theme.ini with the following information: Colors are in RGB in version >= 0.8.
ColorFontBar = 0x808080 ColorFontMenu = 0xFFFFF ColorMenu = 0xFFFFFF BackgroundInMenu = 1
- Version 1.0 | Mirror (unnecessary files removed for smaller download size)
- Version 0.12
- Version 0.11
- Version 0.10
- Version 0.9
- Version 0.8
- Version 0.4
- Version 0.3
- Version 0.2 | Mirror by Oste Hovel
- Homebrew pack - 8 Wii homebrew apps in the correct format for the launcher (including images)
Custom Icon Pack
- Custom Icon Pack - A custom icon pack covering all (I think) Wii homebrew icons (plus some wishes!) | Mirror
- Custom Icon Pack - On a French forum
- GRRLib Skin
- Mario Bros Skin - Screenshot
- Condorstrike Skin "Wiihl-edition" - by Condorstrike - Screenshot1 - Screenshot2 - Screenshot3
- "Classic" Custom Menu by Mr_Nick666 - Screenshot
- Pirate Speak (as seen in Minecraft) - Launcher + Translation - Translation Only