AnyTitle Deleter/AnyTitle Deleter MOD
|AnyTitle Deleter MOD|
|[v6 - v6b Download]|
|This homebrew application makes permanent changes to the Wii's NAND, thus, this application should be used with caution.|
AnyTitle Deleter MOD is an unofficial mod by Red Squirrel of tona's AnyTitle Deleter, which allows you to completely delete (almost) any title on your Wii. This is useful as a space-freeing application, an informative application, and a paranoia tool.
It keeps all original tona's AnyTitle Deleter functions but it allows the program to show the real names of titles instead of just ID numbers, making it easier to select which ones you actually want to delete.
From MOD v3 it has some new features, as a installed titles backupper, IOS chooser, or the possibility to exit rebooting the Wii.
- Real names of titles come from an external file ( database.txt ) and so can be edited and updated by everyone.
- cIOS 38 rev 14 (IOS 249) is not a good choise for the program! For a full access to all features of this program you have to choose a IOS with flash access, ES_Identify and trucha, such as a patched IOS36, IOS202 or IOS222.
- Possibility to choose with which IOS to start the program!
- Possibility to update database.txt directly from Wii.
- Possibility to backup all installed titles in a TXT into SD root: will be written the Title ID, ASCII Code, Type, Name and required IOS!
- Possibility to backup ONLY unknown titles in a TXT into SD root: will be written the Title ID, ASCII Code, Type, Name and required IOS!
- Possibility to read the titles name directly from Wii NAND.
- Possibility to exit rebooting the console: usefull if you want to install this application as a Wii Channel!
For a list of all original available functions see AnyTitle Deleter wiki page.
- Because many people have not an IOS202 or IOS222 or for any other reason, this is a little update to use IOS249 (cIOS 38 r14) with the program. The news is that now the program skips the first ES_identify (thanks to brkirch, WiiPower and the other users of GBAtemp).
In the new package there is only the boot.dol, so if you want the complete HBC package or to read the full readme.txt, please download the v6 before.
- Added a function to select with which IOS to start the program. So if you get an error at program startup procedure just restart the program choosing another IOS (with flash access).
- The number of entries read from the database.txt has been increased from 1000 to 10000.
- Changed the database reading function: now it reads the database.txt file only ONE time (at program beginning). In this way it will not be loaded every time you access to titles list pages (increasing program's time and space efficiency).
- Added a function to read title names directly from NAND: it will be used ONLY when the title name is not found in database.txt (to limit NAND access time). Titles names found in this way (accessing to NAND) will be displayed in the list between square brackets (ex. [GH: World Tour]).
WARNING: It works at 100% with all titles based on games (those with Rxx codes) but not all others titles allow the identification of their name by reading from NAND, so there will be yet titles unknown!
- If program uses the NAND to extract title name, it will add the found name to database.txt. In this way the number of readings from the NAND will be always lower.
- Added a function to download database.txt updates directly from your Wii, using network connection!
- Now the program will identify by itself if to return to loader (HBC) or to the System Menu (rebooting console).
- Added a function to backup only UNKNOWN titles to SD (press B after pressing 1 to backup ONLY unknown titles!)
- Re-updated application button configuration: now HOME to exit, 1 to backup all titles list, 1 and then B to backup only UNKNOWN titles and 2 to update database.txt using network connection.
- Now the backup function will save the title's name too (taken from external database.txt!)
- Now the program will take only the first 40 chars of the title name from database.txt (to fix visualization issues)
- Removed the attached WAD to avoid legal issues.
- Added a function to backup all own installed titles to a TXT file into SD root (based on bushing's title lister)
- Added a function to exit rebooting the console (usefull to install the program as a channel)
- Changed the buttons configuration: now with "HOME" you'll backup all installed titles into SD, with "1" you'll exit from the program returning to Homebrew Channel and with "2" you'll exit from the program rebooting the Wii.
- Changed the number of titles shown in a page: now they will be 12 instead 17 (to fix visualization issues).
- Added a pre-made channel for the application.
- Moved the database to an external file so editable by everyone!
- Edited main program to read external files from SD.
- Added an internal database with over 500 titles' names.
- Edited main program to interact with the new internal database.
Remember: database.txt file MUST be in SD root to be read by the program!
Read instructions in database.txt contained in the release package to understand how to edit it.
- 17-Aug-2009: DATABASE by OPIK This is my LAST update because now MOD6 is working and able to read game names from the NAND. BYE BYE --OPIK 06:35, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- 17-May-2009: DATABASE by OPIK
- 21-Mar-2009: DATABASE by OPIK
- 26-Feb-2009: DATABASE by OPIK
- 18-Feb-2009: DATABASE by OPIK
- 11-Feb-2009: DATABASE by OPIK
- 08-Feb-2009: Changelog - DATABASE by Red Squirrel
- 04-Feb-2009: This is the "official" database.txt by Red Squirrel attached to MOD v2 release: DATABASE
- If you use very long names (more then 38-40 chars) in database.txt you will get a corruption in the program during titles list visualization! [Fixed in v4]
- Sometimes titles name discovered from reading the NAND are written many times in database.txt.
- Databases Merger (more info and download HERE)
To tona for this wonderfull application.
To Bg4545 for icon.png background.
To Waninkoko for his "Select IOS" function.
To all websites and users that keep updated their titles ID<->name databases.
To my girlfriend for her patience.