|Type||Library, Build Tools|
DevkitPro is the toolchain of choice for homebrew development. It is currently available for GameBoy Advance, DS, GP32, Playstation Portable (PSP), GameCube, and Wii. Instructions for setting up the system are available for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. Additional information and download links can be found at the DevkitPro website.
DevkitPro consists of several parts, with the following being relevant to GameCube/Wii development:
This is a port of the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) and includes a C (gcc) and C++ compiler (g++), a debugger (gdb) and associated utilities, with the architecture "powerpc-gekko". It also includes standard C libraries based on newlib, which is specifically designed for embedded systems. Compilers and libraries are also included for the MN10200, the Matsushita (Panasonic) chip used in the Wii DVD controller.
For Windows users it comes with the MSYS environment, which is a minimal set of unix-like tools such as a shell.
libogc is a collection of libraries for the GameCube and Wii. It includes the following low-level wii/gamecube specific sub-systems:
- EXI - Support routines for the system bus which connects many internal devices to the CPU
- IRQ - Hardware Interrupts
- Memory Card
- Condition Variables
Information on many of these sub-systems can be found in YAGCD.
libogc also incorporates the following libraries (which may be custom versions of external libraries):
- libdb - routines to support remote debugging
- Wiiuse - an API for the wiimote (also available on Windows and Linux), which is encapsulated in libogc within the WPAD_ interface
- libfat - routines for accessing FAT filesystems such as those on SD cards
- libmodplay - music module player library
- libmad - MPEG audio decoder library
- zlib - compression routines
- lwbt - lightweight bluetooth stack
- lwip - lightweight TCP/IP stack
- tinysmb - SMB implementation (protocol used by Windows file sharing)
The following tools are included as well:
- doltool - a tool for converting to and from .dol executable files and examining their contents
- gcdspsuite - an assembler for the gamecube DSP chip