Front SD ELF Loader
|Front SD ELF Loader|
|Author(s)||Sven Peter and svpe|
This is just a small Front SD ELF loader with a menu, written by Sven Peter, svpe #wiidev@efnet/blitzed, email@example.com.
There are probably still some bugs so don't blame me if something goes wrong.
See COPYING for the license (GNU GPL 2; and _only_ version 2)
Create an "elf" directory (all letters in lower-case, don't include quotes) on your SD card and put all your ELF files in there. Load the tp-hack-loader.elf with the twilight hack or the trucha-disc-loader.dol with a trucha signed disc.
If you want to compile it yourself you just need to type 'make' in the root directory. Precompiled elf and dol binaries are included.
The miniloader/ is just a quick hack to make this work with trucha discs because the apploader i used didn't seem to support a non-standard entry point. The real loader with the front SD code is in the loader/ directory.
When using the homebrew channel you might need to use the trucha-disc-loader.dol or build the miniloader/miniloader.elf file yourself.
- Internal SD stuff by bushing, marcan and maybe some more people. I just reversed the twilight hack elf loader.
- FatFs by elm-chan.org.
- ELF loading code taken from Geckoloader by dhewg, #wiidev at efnet. Written by dhewg, tmbinc and William L. Pitts
- People from #wiidev who helped me with a few problems ;)
- Some bugfixes
- Wiimote shutdown code from this wiki added
- Video mode detection (should work on PAL TVs now)
- Faster ELF loading due to removed debug printfs
These versions are not supported by svpe, but GizmoTheGreen, also #wiidev, or gizmothegreen [at] hotmail.com
NOTE: This download appears to be missing.
- Added the miniloader again
- Now only one A press
- Even more beginner friendly (error retry)
- Trial, give feedback please.
- Skips double "Press A.." before file listing
- If SD card or something else fails:
- Start + Z reloads TP loader to try again.
/!\ Wiimote support with wiiuse being pretty unstable, this version is also very unstable. I just created it for those who have no GameCube pad and can't launch different elf without renaming it in 'boot.elf'.
A way to make this work :
- when asked to press 1&2, do it slowly, wait 5 second, re-do it, wait 5 seconds... until the leds switch on
- wait for the sync
- when asked to press A, wait about 10 seconds and then press A
- use up and down to choose the elf file
- wait about 10 seconds, then press A
Mirror of download.
/!\ I have only tested it on few elf files, and with the TP hack.
Have fun !!!
(Also, alternatively when prompted to press 1&2, you may press the red button on the Wii [next to the front SD slot] and on the Wiimote [underneath the battery cover]. Koziasty.)
|Author(s)||MAG/PiratePila and AntonioND|
Yet another Front SD Elf loader, this one uses the reset button. Current Version 0.2