If you believe you've found a bug in the Homebrew Channel, please report it here.
In fact this is a not bug, but there are some errors in the French translation. Could the translation be made public or can we contact someone to report bug or suggest a better translation. - Crayon
error on loading HBC b8
i got this error on loading the HBC for the 5th time, it occured onece but i just wanted to report it
File:Bitflusher-Error.JPG translated:the wii data is damaged. read the manual for more information.
it happned like this:
- after loading the wii webserver alpha i forced a power-off by holding the power button.
- powered on the wii
- started HBC
- got the error
wiimote would not sync, reset button did not work, forced poweroff
- after restarting everything worked ok again.
extra info: pal wii, all downloadable updates. Bitflusher 10:51, 6 June 2008 (CEST)
- I believe that in English this is the "System Firmware has been corrupted" message. I have heard 3 or 4 reports of this, and although it is disconcerting it is apparently harmless. If anyone has a way to reliably reproduce this, please let me know -- otherwise there's not much we can do. Bushing 13:39, 6 June 2008 (CEST)
Turning Off Wii from HBC b8 Doesn't Really Turn Off
Pressing the power button doesn't seem to fully turn off the Wii, the light stays green- this might be cosmetic but it should be looked into.
Pics by otto888:Off by HBC: http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7518/img0520cy2.jpg (I shaked the camera so you could see the green light) Off by...anything excpt HBC: http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/4675/img0519yx1.jpg (You can barely see the orange)
- Wait. Which power button are we talking about here? Bushing 13:57, 6 June 2008 (CEST)
To reproduce: enter HBC, push power button.
- No Wii homebrew software currently supports the Wiimote power button, AFAIK. We don't actually get a button-press event when you hit it, so we don't know when to turn off. Bushing 13:39, 6 June 2008 (CEST)
I have a SDGecko and GC Memcard so this update is great as I do not have to remove them when loading the channel. The one thing I still have a problem with (same as Beta 7) is exiting the channel back to the system menu with the GC Memcard and SDGecko still in. After the I hit yes or whatever on the confirmation screen to go back to system menu I get a black screen (basically a freeze) and I have to hold down the power button on the Wii. If I take those cards out and then exit to sysmenu it works perfectly. -- Unmodded NTSC Wii 3.2U
Wireless Network Crashes using HBC V8
Anytime i run hbc v8, my router loses its wireless capability (all laptops, wii, etc.. drop offline)... v8 says "Network not initialized" in the menu. Moving back to v7 fixes the issue. From what marcan says, sounds like this may be an issue with capability between IOS21 and my router.
- Router: 2wire router from AT&T
- Wii: Modded NTSC Wii 3.2U