Difference between revisions of "Homebrew setup"
|Line 101:||Line 101:|
<!----------End of body---------->
<!----------End of body---------->
Revision as of 03:13, 2 August 2008
Complete Setup Packages
|Easy homebrew installer||1.0||Guides you through the entire Setup Process for the Homebrew Channel||Penpvdbs||Download||Available by Request|
|Wii Brew SD Installer||1.3||All-in-One SD Card installer with guide, how to video, updated Wiibrew and Hacks.||Big Bang Theory||Download||Available by Request|
Individual Files for Manual Installation
|Twilight Hack||0.1beta1||The Save File to launch a .elf file from SD Card.||Team Twiizers||Download||None|
|Homebrew Channel||beta8||Installs the Wii Homebrew Channel onto the System Menu.||Team Twiizers||Download||None|
- SD card (you may want to format the card to ensure a consistent filesystem)
- SD card reader
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that has been played at least once
- Some homebrew to load
Inside the zip file you will find versions of the hack for all three regions. You may copy all of them to your SD card, but you will need to choose the correct one to copy to your Wii based on your version of Zelda: Twilight Princess. USA users, additionally, need to determine the correct save slot to load once inside Twilight Princess. The easiest way to check your version is to compare the text string which is on the inner circle of the data surface with the ones below.
|Region||Inner circle text||File||Save slot|
|Europe/Australia (EUR)||RVL-RZDP-0A-0 JPN||/private/wii/title/rzdp/data.bin||Twilight Hack|
|Asia (JPN)||RVL-RZDJ-0A-0 JPN||/private/wii/title/rzdj/data.bin||Twilight Hack|
|America (USA)||RVL-RZDE-0A-0 JPN||/private/wii/title/rzde/data.bin||TwilightHack0|
|America (USA)||RVL-RZDE-0A-0 USA||/private/wii/title/rzde/data.bin||TwilightHack0|
|America (USA)||RVL-RZDE-0A-2 USA||/private/wii/title/rzde/data.bin||TwilightHack2|
Step by Step
- Begin by formatting your SD card to FAT16 if it is not already (in Windows it's just called "FAT"). FAT32 should also work in the latest release.
- If you get an error such as "Failed to read boot.elf (-1)!" then reformatting your SD card with the Official SD Card Format Tool may help.
- Copy the "private" directory from the download to your SD card.
- Take your homebrew Wii executable (elf or dol file) and save it in the root directory of your SD card as "boot.elf" or "boot.dol" as appropriate.
- Now, put the SD card into your Wii and turn it on.
- Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii.
- Find your Zelda save, click on it, click "Erase", and click Yes.
- Open the SD card and select the "Twilight Hack" save that corresponds to your game region.
- Click copy and then yes. Now exit out of the menu.
- Insert The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game disc and run the game.
- If you have the USA version of the game, load the "TwilightHack0" or "TwilightHack2" version of the game as appropriate (see above).
- Otherwise, load the only "Twilight Hack" save game.
- Once in the game, either walk backwards or talk to the man standing in front of you.
The Twilight Hack works by employing a lengthy character name for the horse in the game ('Epona') in order to facilitate a stack smash. This gets triggered when talking to the man next to you when you start the savegame as he loads the name to use it in his dialog or upon attempting to enter the next zone, before the man talks to you and reminds you to go the other way to get the horse.
The instructions listed here were taken from the Twilight Hack Page.