|Author(s)||Jesse Dubay (adb)|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
Map Maker is a demo application that generates cool-looking terrain you can edit on-the-fly with the Wiimote.
|Generate new map|
|Hold and drag to pan|
|/||Adjust terrain height|
|Show Menu and options|
|/||Adjust brush size *|
* By default, these buttons have no effect because brush size is based on distance from the screen. You can enable manual mode in the Menu.
These people did all the hard work:
- Thanks to para for the Wiiuse library
- Thanks to Paul Martz, who wrote a very helpful article about the diamond-square algorithm
- Thanks to Max Russell, who is much better at math than I
- Thanks to Team Twiizers for their contributions to the homebrew community -- without you guys I'd never have even tried
- Thanks to TheBlasphemer, whose nifty RGB to YUY2 routine I blatantly lifted from the WiiRayTracer demo
- Thanks to WinterMute for the extremely enlightening How to use the Wiimote tutorial
- And thanks to River for being my alpha tester <3
Who to blame
I'm Jesse! Let me know what you think: email@example.com or on this article's discussion page. Comments, criticism, bug reports and feature suggestions welcome.
v0.1 (15 September 2008)
- Initial release.