This project begins in 2008/12/28
Nowell is a open-source homebrew for the Drunken Coders Winter Compo, it's a 2D shoot-em-up vertical scrolling. I use SDL interface to handle graphics and wiimote.
Some website put Dovoto as submitter and coder, but it's wrong, Dovoto has nothing to do with this game.
Video Youtube - End Game ( Do not fear the end of Nowell !! )
1.01 : fix a bug with bullet rotation
1.00 : first release for drunken coder competition
First you need the libxml archive, see this page for installation : libxml
Goto in nowell_src folder for create wii binary
for clean wii objects
for create gnu/linux binary
make -f Makefile.pc
for clean gnu/linux objects
make -f Makefile.pc clean
- "This night will be the last for the gramps. No matter how I'll show to all of them how a true Santa must be !
You have found this piece of paper in your sandwich two days before Christmas... And you don't really know why but you want to think about this disgusting paper with more serious than the greatest idiot of Earth. Take your Flying_Snow_Board and your Cannon to defeat the imposter and save Christmas ! -
Have fun in Nowell, a Shoot them up ;)
"Sandwiches can't always save Christmas !"
- coded by Emvivre
- graphics and some musics by Vash
- special thanks to Necro
Thanks to people on #wiidev channel for their help.
- Gabor Bors and Balazs Rajcsanyi - Wasted Time (2nd song) : Intro
- Lettrix - Bytec (1990) : Level
- Slaughty Pom Pom - Vash : Boss 1
- Ultimate Black Santa part 1 - Vash : between Boss 1 and Boss 2
- Ultimate Black Santa part 2 - Vash : Boss 2
- Steve Rowlands - Creatures ( 16th song ) : End credits
- Tutorial - Vash : Tutorial
In main menu :
- control the cursor with wiimote
- click on button A
In game :
- move player with nunchuk
- fire with button A
- pause with button Home
In pause :
- continue with button A
- quit with button B
In tutorial :
- press any button to return on menu