|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
Q2CTFRev: A port of the original id Tech 2 engine (Quake II) with ThreeWave's Capture-The-Flag module to the Nintendo Wii, compiled using devkitPPC / libogc.
Q2CTFRev, as a standalone application, has been deprecated. It is now part of Quake Rev PAK.
The engine is feature-complete, with sound, network play, and CD Music track playback. It is mainly intended for network play; while it's possible to play the single-player game with this engine, it becomes somewhat slow doing so.
New features since Release 2 of Quake Rev PAK:
- CD Music track playback is now available!
- Key aliases. With the new "keyalias" command, you can map any key in your controller to any other one, letting you customize your controls any way you like.
- If a game crashes, and the engine is able to tell, it will create a "QRevPAK.err" file containing the date/time and the cause of the crash.
- The [+] and [-] buttons now move through your inventory, instead of going with fixed keys. Remember to press  ( = Enter key, if unaliased) to activate the selected item.
- The "c" / On-screen Keyboard combo button now behaves differently. The "c" key command (Crouch) is sent immediately; the On-Screen keyboard is shown upon key release. However, if the key is held for more than 0.5 seconds, the On-Screen keyboard won't appear at all.
The project is being hosted at http://code.google.com/p/qrevpak .
Any comments about the engine are welcome to email@example.com.
In order to play Quake II - Threewave Capture The Flag with this engine, please follow these instructions:
- Download the QRevPAK.R*.zip to your computer
- Copy the contents of the archive to a folder called /apps/QRevPAK/ in your storage media (SD card or USB stick)
- Copy the /baseq2 folder (shareware or full, bought, game), from your computer and, of course, the /ctf folder (if present), also at the /apps/QRevPAK/ folder. (NOTE: Previous versions of Q2CTFRev required these files at the root of the media card. This is no longer the case.)
- Start "Quake Rev PAK" on the Homebrew Channel (or any suitable app launcher).
Due to the shortage of keys in the original Wii Remote + Nunchuk configuration, it is recommended that you:
bind RIGHTARROW use grapple
in order to use the aforementioned weapon:
Original source code (C) 1997-2001 Id Software, Inc.
Modifications (c) 2009-2010 Heriberto Delgado.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
All trademarks or registered trademarks used are properties of their respective owners.