Difference between revisions of "QuakeGX"
|Line 115:||Line 115:|
Revision as of 10:06, 24 April 2009
|[[Google Code |
This is a port of Quake to the Wii based on the GC Quake port by Peter Mackay.
- Extract the downloaded file into the root of your SD card.
- If you don't own the full version, the shareware version with PAK0.PAK is available here. If you own the full version, the PAK files are inside Quake's ID1 folder on your computer.
- Copy the PAK0.PAK (and PAK1.PAK if you own the full version) file to /apps/quake/ID1 on your SD card.
- The game should appear on the Homebrew Channel menu.
- Support for Mods and Mission Packs. Some of them may cause out of memory errors for now.
- Transparent status bar (adjustable)
- Variable 2D resolution
- Weapon rotation with the Wiimote (now you can change the yaw, pitch and roll of your weapon)
- A new menu for adjusting new features
- Various bugfixes
- Simple on-screen keyboard
- View locking so that you can aim freely without turning
- TV overscan adjustment working for the GX build
- Simple, ugly brightness control
- Shouldn't freeze - ever.
- Pressing 1 (or Z in the gamecube controller) shows scores
- Power button now works (forgot about it :P)
- Model bounding box fixes (no more dissapearing models)
- Command line easy to manage - still needs a frontend for the end user, though.
- Hardware graphics acceleration fully functional to glquake original specs.
- A flaw is that you have to disconnect and reconnect the nunchuk when the game loads
- If you have the software rendering installed on your sd card, please delete ID1/CONFIG.CFG before playing this version OR restore the default settings using the Options Menu. This is necessary because the Wiimote button mapping has changed.
- Still has one bug, may hang after several levels played. Please save often and don't play dozens of levels in one sit. If any split-second hang occurs, it's sign that it may freeze completely soon. I recommend saving your progress and exiting to the loader, then reloading the game.
In Game (by default)
Piko's Network Patch
If someone code compile my code on their system, and then test to see if they can get the nun-chuck to work correctly. I think something is wrong with my devkits, and is causing this problem. I can't even get the nun-chucks working when I build vanilla QuakeGX version 0.4
Need people to tell me if their nun-chucks do not work with my version as well. If someone with a little more brains when it comes to Wii coding can take a look at my version of quake-wii that would be good too.
Thanks to Q1REV I have been able to patch in thier changes to QuakeGX to get client abilities. All you have to do is set enable network to "yes", and then scan you local network. All I did was hack this in the real credit goes to Izhido for his network code.
Only bug is QuakeGX doesn't bother to load the player skin, because up until now, you would have never seen the player. So the player model is textured in the first texture the level loaded. I should be able to fix this very soon.