Jump to navigation Jump to search
|[[Google Code |
This is a port of Quake to the Wii based on the GC Quake port by Peter Mackay.
- Extract the downloaded file into the root of your SD card.
- If you don't own the full version, the shareware version with PAK0.PAK is available here. If you own the full version, the PAK files are inside Quake's ID1 folder on your computer.
- Copy the PAK0.PAK (and PAK1.PAK if you own the full version) file to /apps/quake/ID1 on your SD card.
- The game should appear on the Homebrew Channel menu.
- Support for Mods and Mission Packs. Some of them may cause out of memory errors for now.
- Transparent status bar (adjustable)
- Variable 2D resolution
- Weapon rotation with the Wiimote (now you can change the yaw, pitch and roll of your weapon)
- A new menu for adjusting new features
- Various bugfixes
- Simple on-screen keyboard
- View locking so that you can aim freely without turning
- TV overscan adjustment working for the GX build
- Simple, ugly brightness control
- Shouldn't freeze - ever.
- Pressing 1 (or Z in the gamecube controller) shows scores
- Power button now works (forgot about it :P)
- Model bounding box fixes (no more dissapearing models)
- Command line easy to manage - still needs a frontend for the end user, though.
- Hardware graphics acceleration fully functional to glquake original specs.
- A flaw is that you have to disconnect and reconnect the nunchuk when the game loads
- If you have the software rendering installed on your sd card, please delete ID1/CONFIG.CFG before playing this version OR restore the default settings using the Options Menu. This is necessary because the Wiimote button mapping has changed.
- Still has one bug, may hang after several levels played. Please save often and don't play dozens of levels in one sit. If any split-second hang occurs, it's sign that it may freeze completely soon. I recommend saving your progress and exiting to the loader, then reloading the game.
In Game (by default)
"This is still buggy, getting close though." --Piko 21:10, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
Milestone #1 (0.05)
- Client network capability. -DONE
- Compatibility with libOGC 1.7.1a, and devkitPPC r16. 2 Bugs remaining
- Enhanced input system. -DONE
- Fixed on screen keyboard -DONE
- Loading id1 data from USB drive, or DVD.
- Being able to host network games.
- Connection to master server to get Quake-Wii server list.
- "Two major bugs left. Feel free to help. First, and most important, MOD_LoadVertexes crashes into a code dump when loading certain levels (I'd love for someone who is a debugging expert to look into this), and the config file isn't being saved. Other then that my latest version of QuakeGX is getting close to being finished." --Piko 21:01, 29 April 2009 (UTC)