What did the Google Beta's version of BootMii, from April 1, do exactly? I know it was supposed to be a joke, but I never tested it. There were many "jokes" going around that had bad consequences. - Twil —Preceding unsigned comment added by Seandgibbonsy (talk • contribs) 02:05, 3 April 2009
- Dunno, never tried it, had nothing to do with it. --Bushing 12:23, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
Support for GameCube Controllers
I do not know if it has already been thought of, but I would love if the BootMii menu would support Gamecube controllers. I play most of my games and run most homebrew with Gamecube controllers, since I don't like having to change batteries in my Wiimotes all the time, and I hate having to use Wiimotes to start my Wii. If the BootMii menu had support for Gamecube Controllers, this would not be an issue. Mekuso —Preceding unsigned comment added by Mekuso (talk • contribs) 07:34, 19 April 2009
- Your wish is our command. (Actually, it's almost technically impossible to use the WIimotes at such a low level, so we are supporting GC pads out of necessity.) --Bushing 12:23, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Does this mean that people that don't have a gamecube controller can't control the bootmii menu? Boredom 16:58, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
No more Bootmii?
According to some random failblog on the interwebz Bushing has recently left the "scene", and the source code for Bootmii has been deleted. This obviously can't be true, but since I tend to believe random crap, I'll ask anyway ('coz I'm a crackmonkey): Can anyone confirm this? --Recklessness 11:51, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, really funny.
- I don't think the WiiBrew mods intended this place to become one big "disregard-that-i-suck-c*cks" fest.
- There's been enough going on lately, comex doesn't talk to anyone, marcan has left, the GIT page on hackmii.org is indeed empty, you name it.--Recklessness 12:16, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- never mind Bushing, i should have watched the post dates. sorry. --Recklessness 12:43, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- Pardon my humor. It's true that there's enough bullshit spreaded about this "wii scene". While some things are funny, its just sad that so many ppl believe obviously made up things. It's just a little annoying to hear such questions as yours over and over again, I didn't mean to offend you (should have skipped the crackmonkey part, heh) :) dhewg 16:05, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
BootMii and System Menu 4.0
This is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. Will BootMii work on a Wii running System Menu 4.0 (With or without fakesigning bug)? SherlockHolmeboy 09:55, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- I think we can all apreciate the irony of me posting this, but have according to this page at the hackmii site where all that kind of information is normally disclosed, yes it will most likely work.--Recklessness 10:05, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- I appreciate learning. :) Yes, it will work on a Wii running System Menu 4.0. We've taken some time to consolidate installers for BootMii, HBC and DVDX, so we can reuse the same exploits for all three. -- Bushing 12:22, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
Preloader on Steroids?
Sorry to criticize, well not exactly criticize because I think you guys make great stuff but call it what you will, but isn't BootMii (aside from it replacing boot2 instead of the SystemMenu which I understand is safer and more efficient) redundantly similar to preloader? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ienjoytaffy (talk • contribs) 20:04, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- read this from hackmii: http://hackmii.com/2009/02/bootmii-and-the-new-boot1/ —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tech3475 (talk • contribs) 10:37, 9 May 2009 (UTC)