Feedback is welcome!
All your error reports and suggestions will be heard and I'll keep them in mind for future releases.
This project looks interesting. Good luck on it! Are there similar applications that use these file formats, or did you create them yourself? i.e. will we have to make our own files? --Charlatan 02:12, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
For now, in most of cases removing blank lines and id tags from .lrc files and renaming them to .kii or ki2 works perfectly. This lyrics files are easy to find on the Internet and a lot of websites allow you to download them. This compatibility will be improved in future versions so it could read directly regular .lrc files. Then 'kii' and 'ki2' files could be compressed 'song + lyrics' files. Thanks for the interest. --Pedrocrespo 10:36, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
This may be a bit of a stretch, but what about the possibility of being able to use MP3+G karaoke songs? It's one of the more popular karaoke formats and it would be great to be able to have instant access to such a large collection of karaoke songs. However, since the .cdg files that accompany the .mp3 files are "plain" graphics and not text, there'd be no feasible automatic conversion method (that I know of) if one had to go that route. --Mscdex 23:30, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
There's already a MP3+G player made by Kriogen some time ago. Look for it in Google. Since Kriogen is a Spanish coder too, maybe we could collaborate in the future to unify our software. --Pedrocrespo 10:43, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
How about supporting KAR files which are MIDI files with lyrics built in them, I have a whole bunch of them --Elisherer 17:45, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
You're right. And now it is possible since Kar files are easily transformable to Ultrastar files. Anyways it is a possible feature for future releases since I have a lot (+30000) of kar files too and I want them to be more useful!--Pedrocrespo 11:20, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
Midi files would be supported too if finally I decide to implement .kar support, but there are some preferent issues to improve and features to implement before starting with it.--Pedrocrespo 00:02, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
ok , hopefully in 0.0.6? Calthephenom 04:24, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
- In order to play midi you will need a patch set because i don't think you can control the sequencer of the Wii's sound card (drums,piano, etc...) [you can find an implementation at www.rockbox.org] --Elisherer 11:44, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
you can try to work something off of the GOF source, since it uses midis Calthephenom 21:16, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
- GoF reads midis, but does not play them, the code will be useless for what you want. If you want to play midi files, look at timidity. Which can convert midi to wav, or play back midi without a midi sound card. The Doom ports for many platforms use it to play Doom music for example. --Daid 13:38, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
my song thread
adding folder support would be nice plus a bug I found
hi. well, I have put the songs with the karaoke file in a folder just sadly it does not work. is there any way into adding support into that? also, somehow I get problems with some png files not working and not showing up. what is the problem with that? is it because in the txt file, it has the name with the .png at the end? it's put into 180x180 btw. Also, I think into adding background support would be nice (and video in the future could be great). I do enjoy the program and hope to see a version with microphone support. good luck. ^_^ --Vilapupu 00:22, 22 September 2009 (UTC) EDIT: I almost forgot. since I speak spanish and have some songs with the "ñ,á,í,ó,ú" and more symbols, I have seem that they does not work and they just come out as if there was no letter in the file. please fix this bug. thanks. --Vilapupu 02:17, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
Hola, Vilapapu. Olvidé mencionar que Wii es una señorita muy delicada y que sólo abrirá correctamente las imágenes si sus dimensiones tanto verticales como horizontales son múltiplos de 4. Me anoto estas mejoras para la v0.06:
- Lectura de varias carpetas desde SD y USB
- Caracteres latinos y silabarios japoneses
- Background (iba a incluirse en la v0.05 pero en último momento se descartó porque no disponía en ese momento de tiempo... ¡y todos queríamos una release!)
ENGLISH SQUEEZE: Wii is pretty special as 'she' only likes to show images with multipliers of 4 as height and width. V0.06 will probably feature file search from SD or USB, latin and japanese characters and Background showing without scripting it.--Pedrocrespo 19:45, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
- gracias por la noticia. si, yo también hablo espanol. ^_^ también, tengo problemas con un archivo de IRC (kii file) que por alguna razón, que causa que salga la linea (line karaoke) que se valla abajo poco a poco comenzando mitad de la canción. creo que es porque va rápido en algunas lineas. tambien tengo problemas con esta canción que causa que mi Wii le salga la "black screen". no se si es el OGG file o es el PNG (aunque el PNG si sale bien en el programa). Gracias. --Vilapupu 04:16, 24 September 2009 (UTC)
3 bugs I found plus a feature that can could be added and helpfull.
OK. well, I think this needs to be in an different section than my other one i made. well, here there are:
1) when there is a KI3 file and it is in a fast pace, then it will just freeze the Wii (shows the black screen with info). One example can be The Ketchup song that has very fast pacing words.
2) when using the Kii files (IRC files), if the line goes by too quickly, it will make the line go a line down from where it is suppose to be. this causes many problems whatsoever as if it continues on, it will cause to the line to go too down and it will not be readable.
3) if your done hearing a song and you just move around a lot, it will freeze up the program and it will just stay in that screen until you turn off the Wii by holding the Power button in the Wii.
Also, a feature that could be great is that if it just had a preview when choosing the songs than playing the whole song (like in Stepmania and UltraStar) --Vilapupu 03:17, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
Concerning microphone libraries
By "Sorry about no voice recognizing by the moment ;), there are no microphone libraries yet." you mean that there is no available library at all for the WII or that nobody did hack the libraries till now? Cause there should be the possibiltiy as there are some games with microphones. Nevertheless an awesome piece of software you did there. (If all I ask here makes no sense at all, please let me know) --Rikmer 15:28, 30 December 2009 (UTC)
What are the chances homebrew apps will ever be able to use the microphone? Surge 02:46, 29 January 2010 (UTC)