How about USB/USB Gecko/GCN Memory Card/FTP management? I know you would probably have to change the name after adding all of that(:p) , but it would still be cool. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Xyrion (talk • contribs) 13:41, 14 July 2008 (CEST)
Bluetooth OBEX File Transfer Manager “send to”. Improve graphics icons interface with nice file and basic extension like jpg, png, bmp, txt, rtf, doc, mp3, ogg, wav, elf, wad, dol, zip, rar, htlm. Right click with the (+) with options like: cut, copy, paste, unzip, compress, send to, rename file (with a virtual keyboard as opera navigator). Auto update similar to the homebrew channel. —Preceding unsigned comment added by PAR (talk • contribs) 02:49, 28 July 2008 (CEST)
- -just install updates through the HBB —Preceding unsigned comment added by DrLuigi (talk • contribs) 17:14, 6 August 2008 (CEST)
- Yeah, that would be nice. I would like to be able to copy files from sd to usb and back. Flark 05:54, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
I think it would be good to be able to backup the SD card to an usb drive and restore a backup from the usb drive. Also format the SD card would be useful. I say that for all the people who don't have an sd card reader. using and usb device to make and restore backups would be faster than using FTPii --Gerome 14:27, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
psyck0: Make the root file NOT "config"? I can see that conflicting with other apps in the future. It should have the application name it it or something. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Psyck0 (talk • contribs) 03:57, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
This would really help. I've got [data] for SupersonicWii, [tyrian] for OpenTyrian, vbagx and snes9x, and now [config]. I'm absolutely sure that you can make the program read these files from within its apps folder. Williamdude1 18:16, 1 July 2009 (UTC) Compatibility with SDHC
Defragmenter utility (for SD, SDHC, and USB drives)
Read, copy and send pictures, music and text files from exploring DVD+R.
Wifi atomically updates
Search function to find faster in large drives (by name, time, KB and file type)
If the cursor is on the left half screen pressing up and down in the wiimote you can be able to move that side of the screen.
If the cursor is on the right half screen pressing up and down in the wiimote you can be able to move that side of the screen.
Customizable options or any similar intuitive show screen:
- Show two simultaneous root directories with the ability drag and drop content or see SD and USB drive simultaneous.
- Show directories in left and file preview on right.
- Have the option to show any half of screen as a list details or thumbnails.
- Status bar (can support rolling text, blinking text and progress bar), down the window include a bar that show details of the selected file, show the percent if any large operation, sending or receiving status, cut-copy or paste time remain, defragmenter progress, updates progress, any webpage link or simple tips and description when the cursor touch any function icon.
- distinctive sounds went an action comes, example: click sound if bottom is pressed, alarm and red status bar text went delete action come, sound if a directory is created, etc.
For the future picture viewer Zoom in with (+), zoon out (-), rotation with twist the wiimote + (A), drag with pressing (A) and move the cursor or up-down-left-right. (B) to return to explorer. —Preceding unsigned comment added by PAR (talk • contribs) 01:00, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
The picture viewer should support at least JPG, if not BMP, PNG, and GIFs. Williamdude1 18:16, 1 July 2009 (UTC) Execute Windows *.exe files, so you won't need a computer when adding codes to games with applications like Gecko OS —Preceding unsigned comment added by Liggliluff (talk • contribs) 23:24, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
SDHC support---strongfan 02:59, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
SMB support to download files to the SD card from SMB. Particularly while DVDx is broken for 3.4 and USB mass storage support is cruddy, switching the card in and out of the wii/computer to load files is tedious. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Singe (talk • contribs) 21:40, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Simple Text editor for editing .conf/.ini/.txt type files from the wii. Also, seconding the idea for SMB support. Xnamkcor 19:09, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
Clunky file move
First I'd like to thank the developer for making this useful tool.
The problem I have is with moving files. At this time it is necessary to write a full path and a filename where we want to move it. So when I try to move A_very_long_band_name-even_longer_song_title.mp3 somewhere, I need to write a lot of stuff to do so. Xyrion 16:35, 24 June 2008 (CEST)
When downloading I was dumped into the ERROR 404 pile. Please replace links! Waterlubber 23:16, 25 April 2012 (CEST)
Can we have some kind of blinking cursor in the move dialog so we can select from where we want to start erasing text? Or maybe just let us write the filepath without filename. If someone needs to change it after moving, he can already do it easily. Xyrion 16:35, 24 June 2008 (CEST)
- I second this--Shadowtroop —Preceding undated comment added 14:36, 13 April 2009 (UTC).
File Deletion Bug v1.0a
Nice UI but useless because of that delete bug. Please fix it asap. Xyrion 15:41, 14 July 2008 (CEST)
Good app but when i deleted many big files it did not free up the space on my SD where did these files go and how can i really delete them? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Janglez (talk • contribs) 05:12, 24 July 2008 (CEST)
- Backup everything from your SDcard, and then format it. Xyrion 23:13, 30 July 2008 (CEST)
- This USB multi-card reader works for me and under $10. Run Disk Utility, fsck or chkdsk. CarstenK 02:01, 31 July 2008 (CEST)
this is my first time doing this... i think where you can start looking... i add i dont know much about programing. i have a DS Card, the M3 DS Simply, and i can delete files from the SD Card and release the space... (i get back my memory). if you check the structure of the program can you get your error fix? sorry if the lead dont work... HELLO FROM PANAMA! —Preceding unsigned comment added by MacGuido (talk • contribs) 01:57, 12 August 2008 (CEST)
- The HBB had this problem and fixed it by updating the libfat so it should fix it here too. "Rebuilt with latest libfat CVS to fix delete corruption bug (thanks joedj)" —Preceding unsigned comment added by DrMario (talk • contribs) 23:43, 2 October 2008 (CEST)
New graphics skin
Hi, I need to contact miom to show him my new skin SD Explorer which include a new logo, new main skin, new pointer, and more centrated png file for the key-zoom archive. Its really usefull program one of my favorites utilities, read. not have to go to the pc to change things on my SD. Anyway, if someone is interested in this skin feel free to contact me to firstname.lastname@example.org and will send you, with the instructions. NOTE. its not a new version, its just an alternative skin for the same functions created for miom, and since this is his work, I consider pertinent contact him first. —Preceding unsigned comment added by TunaLover (talk • contribs) 23:24, 1 October 2008 (CEST)
- already uploaded, comes in the 1.0b version n.n —Preceding unsigned comment added by TunaLover (talk • contribs) 13:38, 6 October 2008 (CEST)
Hi, please can you upload the FULL SOURCE as the source which is on there at the minute isn't the full source, its missing loads of libraries etc. as it CANNOT COMPILE. I would like the source as i want to edit the return commands, with a reboot wii, instead of returning to launcher and a shut-down wii as well:) please reply djdynamite123 many thanx —Preceding unsigned comment added by Djdanny123 (talk • contribs) 10:06, 31 October 2008 (UTC)
USB via SD
Add USB via SD sd support, Able to do thesame tasks on usb and also able to move files,copy files via usb to sd vice versa. And for Heaven sake , PLEASE and please can we work on the virtual keyboard. lol thanks for your doing sir. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Valentine (talk • contribs) 08:35, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
Pleeaassee, add the ability to send files through wiiload to your wii, then write them to sd card. See, I don't have a sd reader. User:Corysmart —Preceding undated comment added 02:48, 18 May 2009.