Talk:Wii MFE Port
Which filetypes are supported by this media player? Sypher 00:28, 26 May 2008 (PDT)
- Pretty much everything that the regular MPlayer supports; though some formats seem to be too slow for the Wii (eg, I've had a few MPEG-4 videos that don't play very well...) --Chungy 00:32, 26 May 2008 (PDT)
- Fixed. Xyrion 16:42, 24 June 2008 (CEST)
It is not possible to play a .mp3 or .flac file with a apostrophe (') in the filename. I haven't tested other formats yet. Xyrion 16:41, 24 June 2008 (CEST)
Homebrew Channel compatibility
I was wondering if anyone is working on MFE-s Homebrew Channel compatibility? I'm sad that we can't use the best loader and the best media player for Wii together at this time. :( Xyrion 16:43, 24 June 2008 (CEST)
- OK, it looks like disabling the WiiConnect24 does it. Xyrion 15:47, 26 June 2008 (CEST)
How to exit MFE?
How can we quit MFE without a Wii restart? Is it possible? "Exit to loader" would be a very nice option to have. Xyrion 16:43, 24 June 2008 (CEST)
- Due to the non-existingness of Wii Linux's (which MFE uses) return to loader function, this currently cannot be done. I think if you fiddle about with the reset button you might be able to get it to restart (and by fiddle about I mean really fiddle, like press it 20 times) Muzer 18:41, 19 June 2008 (CEST)
- It's a bit old fashioned, but you'll just have to hold the power button for a few seconds to force the Wii to shut down, then turn it back on. --Phred 07:03, 30 June 2008 (CEST)
- I call that a Wii restart :) Xyrion 02:47, 4 July 2008 (CEST)
Image stretched vertically in 60Hz mode! Why?
I have a PAL standard TV with a PAL Wii.
When I set the Wii into 60 Hz mode, the whole output of MPlayer is stretched vertically! :(
People in videos have "coneheads" and I can hardly read the title "MPlayer 0.02...." in the main menu.
In 50 Hz mode, there are no issues at all! Perfectly fine :)