|WarHeads : Scorched Earth|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
What is it ?
Warheads is an original game looking like Scorched Earth, a popular game of 90's developed by Wendell Hicken. Today, I propose this remake for Wii.
"WarHeads : Scorched Earth" is a turn-based battle in two-dimensional random terrain, with each player adjusting the angle and power of their tank turret before each shot. Number of weapons and power-ups give a tactical dimension to the game. The weather also impacts the trajectory of missiles and can create infinite situations.
5th January, 2013
- Due to a real lake of time, I must abord the dev of WarHeads for Wii.
- I'm really sad about this cause it was a really great adventure
- I'm working on a PC version (Win & Linux) easier to program
I want to thank all of you for your support and your friendship. Never stop to play !
21th January, 2011
- Version 1.0c !
- Redefinition of GRRLIB functions for scalable drawings (so crappy but I've no choice)
- These "new" functions allow you to rescale your screen, add offset, etc... so you can now REALLY play on any TV !
- Correct a bug with music stream
- Added: Screen Options Menu
- Added: Startup Wizard
20th October, 2010
- Version 1.0b is ready
- xxxPersistence of display problemsxxx
- Some new code preparing the incoming of AI
- 9 New Weapons: Sandhogs, Phosphorus Bomb, and Rollers!
- A terrific bug was found and corrected in the items shop.
- Some code cleaning.
- Added: Prices are printed out with commas (10,000,000$)
- Added: When you keep the pointer on a tank, you get information about its shields and power.
20th September, 2010
- Rebirth: To avoid confusion, I've renamed my game to WARHEADS: Scorched Earth.
- Just a few adjustments and a new intro, and WarHeads will be released!
- Test it! It is fully playable!
24th July, 2010
- WarHeads: Scorched Earth is now in English.
- The Language pack includes French, English, and Spanish. But it's very easy to add your own language.
- 4 WiiMotes are now supported.
- Napalm is a lovely, deadly weapon :D
13th June, 2010
- Here it is! Here are the files for WarHeads: Scorched Earth. This pre-version is playable but does not include all the weapons (not programmed yet). The introduction is not activated and the sound track is a test.
- Gameplay must be tuned, but this pre-version will allow you to make a good idea of what WarHeads: Scorched Earth will be like.
- I've spent all this day trying to find a good track for the intro... and I failed.
- Any suggestions? I listen to you!
6th June, 2010
- I've finally opened this page... To present my work, WarHeads: Scorched Earth. A remake of an existing game, from the 90's. But I just discovered how a wiki works, from the dark side...
- I'm still searching for all terms of licenses, for sounds, for images, and some common libraries... so I'm waiting before I release the game and it's sources. Just wait for few days.
- And as soon as the 1st version will be releasable, I will ask for HBB publication...
|In Game||Other Menus|
|Change Angle/Force||Change selected item|
|Quick modif of angle/force||selected command|
|Locate your Tank||N/A|
- Thanks to Don Pedro for helping me to transform my Wii in Media Center (and in a new toy for geek)
- Thanks to Team Twiizers for the Homebrew Channel
- Thanks to DevsLib's team
- Thanks to GRRLIB's team
- Thanks to Crayon... No, I never discuss with him, but all the responses he made in forums are full of patience and wisdom and help me a lot. Really!
- Thanks to Freesound.org Project, a strange website full of psychopathics genius...
- Special thanks to my girlfriend who supports me every day. :) ==> *DOH* she's gone ! :Z