The Wii Mini is a cheaper revision of the Wii, released in 2013. Due to the lack of an SD slot and internet capability, none of the previous exploits worked. Currently, the only working exploit is Bluebomb, which uses the USB port and bluetooth interface.
Ethernet can be enabled on the Wii mini by running Ethernet Enabler. This is due to the fact that the ethernet drivers are still present in the Wii mini, despite not being usable from the System Menu.
Installing a normal System Menu
- Download System Menu 4.3 for your region using NUS Downloader.
- Download and apply an IOS80-nowifi patch.
- Download DOP-Mii onto your USB stick.
- Install IOS80-nowifi using DOP-Mii.
- This step is crucial, as a normal System Menu attempts to test WiFi immediately when it boots, which fails on the Wii mini since it does not have WiFi support.
- DO NOT install the wrong IOS! Doing so will probably brick the Wii Mini, even if you do not install a normal System Menu.
- Install the downloaded System Menu using Wii Mod Lite.
BootMii can only be installed as an IOS on the Wii mini. Additionally, BootMii requires an SD slot and reset button to be wired to the console, since USB is not supported. However, several people have done this before.
Discussion and Support
Support for the Wii Mini can be found on Discord.