|Release date||November 19, 2006 December 7, 2006|
|System Menu IOS||IOS9|
IOS10 (Japan only)
|Preceded by||System Menu Unknown Prelaunch|
1.0 was the "update" containing the set of titles included with the Wiis on Launch Day. It was also what was installed by the Wii Startup Disc. Only a handful of channels were available (Disc Channel, Mii Channel, Photo Channel), and some dummy channels (Forecast Channel dummy and News Channel dummy). A full Wii Shop Channel is present here, but it shows a similar dummy banner if the system is on 1.0.
System Menu 1.0 has no version listed, either in settings or when inserting a SaveMii Dongle; this version is assumed to be 1.0 due to the next update being 2.0, but some people simply refer to this as the "Default" update. The lack of a version label may have been to avoid confusion of offline users, and also the reason there is no option to perform an update on 1.0U.
1.0E and 1.0J were never meant to be released, however, a console with 1.0J was found in May 2020 at a store. The specific details are not yet known.
Differences from modern versions
- The Disc Channel has a different icon that cycles between showing the "Wii" logo for a few seconds and showing a grey disc.
- "Launch-Day" menu shipped with early Wiis. (Does not report a version number.)
- No Forecast, News or Wii Shop Channel available.
- Some consoles seem to come with a functional version of the Wii Shop Channel; it is not known if this version still displays the "please update" banner on 1.0.
- Launching channels was a lot faster on 1.0. There is no delay, If you press start on a channel, it immediately goes to black, with the banner music still playing.
- No version string or update button in the settings. Updates can only be done by performing a connection test.