|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
|Downloadable via the Open Shop Channel|
Nintendont, initially developed by Crediar, is a homebrew app allowing to launch GameCube games from a USB drive or an SD card for Wii consoles and Wii U vWii mode. Nintendont requires ISO format for games on SD or USB, which can be obtained with CleanRip. The system needs to have IOS58 to use Nintendont.
Nintendont does not use cIOS nor a modified MIOS, rather, it patches IOS58; the patch Nintendont applies is a runtime patch, which means that it will not be a permanent change to IOS58. In short, components of the GameCube such as SI for controls, EXI for memory card and DI for data reads are emulated; while everything else is simply runtime patched in order match the Wii's system calls. This means that Nintendont is a sort of "virtual machine", rather than a full-on loader.
Nintendont currently does not support loading from more than two USB devices.
- Ability to force progressive scan (480p).
- Ability to force NTSC on PAL region games, or force PAL on NTSC games (either PAL50 or PAL60).
- Ability to force widescreen on non-widescreen games. (Wii U only)
- Can read GameCube discs at the speed of a Wii disc (causes issues with games that depend on disc speed)
- Can use USB controllers, Wiimote and Nunchuk, and Classic Controller.
- Emulates memory cards, meaning that no physical memory card is required.
- Can force certain video widths.
- Ability to force the language. (PAL games only)
- Can use cheat codes (must be located in SD:\cheats in a .gct file with the game's ID)
- Can use the Wiimote's rumble feature.
- Loads 1:1 gamecube ISO recommended format
- Loads compressed gamecube .ISO disc images (Not .csio files)
- Loads gamecube games as extracted files system (FST)
- Can play Triforce arcade games
- WiiRd debugger (Wii only)
- Automatic Disc Swapping
- Audio Streaming
- GBA-link controller support (Wii only)
- UStealth HDD support