|Title ID||HAAA (1.0), HAYA (1.1), HAYK (1.1K)|
|Downloadable via the Wii Shop Channel|
The Photo Channel is a active channel that has been installed on the wii since system menu 1.0 and it allows users to use your Wii console to edit, share, display, and have fun with photos you load onto your Wii through an SD card or Wii message. Edited photos can be saved to the Wii (the Wii will not overwrite data on the SD card) and sent to other Wiis via the message board.
According to the system's manual, the following file extensions (i.e. formats) are supported: Photos (jpeg/jpg), Movies (mov/avi), and Music (mp3/aac/m4a). JPEG files can be up to 8192x8192 resolution and in baseline format. Video data contained within the .mov or .avi files must be in an OpenDML compliant MotionJPEG use some variant of this format for their videos. Photos, even high resolution ones, are compressed and decreased in resolution.
November 19, 2006
- Photo Channel (1.0)
- Channel Available with Launch consoles and has been a channel that has been included with every Wii System Menu and was available for every region.
- It had the ability to play slide shows.
- Was able to play music via MP3 format.
December 10, 2007
- Photo Channel (1.1)
- It was released one month after System Menu 3.1 Revision One release.
- Download Update from the Wii Shop Channel.
- Personalize your Wii Menu by making one of your favorite digital images from an SD memory card as the Photo Channel icon.
- Replaces MP3 music file support with AAC compatibility, MP3 are no longer playable.
- Added support for MPEG-4 encoded audio files in the .m4a extension
- Music files used with the slideshow feature can be played in a random order.
- Wii owners who updated to version 1.1 can revert to version 1.0 by deleting it from the Channels menu in the Data Management setup. Consoles released after December 10, 2007 will come with the version 1.1 update pre-installed, and cannot be "downgraded" to version 1.0.