|Release date||October 1, 2013 October 1, 2013|
|System Menu IOS||IOS80|
|Wiimpersonator log (U)|
|Wiimpersonator log (E)|
|Wiimpersonator log (J)|
|Minor revisions||4.0.0, 4.0.3, 5.0.0, 5.1.0|
The vWii 4.0.0 update was a major update to the vWii that allowed games to be displayed on the Wii U GamePad. A Wiimote is still required to control the game. The Wii Electronic Manual was also updated, possibly to document this.
- Added GamePad video support
- Updated Wii Electronic Manual
- Updated IOS59 to the version from 4.3rev05J
Wii Electronic Manual changes
The visible ID was changed from RVL-N-HCUE-USZ-1 to RVL-N-HCUE-USZ-2.
1. About the Wii Menu
- Changed the table of contents entry for returning to the Wii U Menu from 11 to 12, as another page was added in between.
3. Playing Wii Discs
- Changed the section reference about returning to the Wii U Menu from 11 to 12
11. Screen Brightness
- New section talking about how GamePad buttons can be used to adjust the GamePad screen brightness
12. Returning to the Wii U Menu
- Section number changed from 11 to 12
- Section number changed from 12 to 13
- Changed the answer about using the Wii U GamePad to mention the newly added feature of being able to use it as a display.
- Added sections about the Wii U Pro Controller, turning the GamePad screen on and off, the GamePad power button not shutting off the console
14. Legal Notices
- Section number changed from 13 to 14
- Added back the Dolby info