|Author(s)||Themaister, Squarepusher, Toad King|
Error creating thumbnail:
RetroArch is a modular multi-system emulator system that is designed to be fast, lightweight and portable. This Wii port can run cores for a large number of systems, including CPS1, CPS2, and NEOGEO.
The following emulators/games have been ported to RetroArch and are included in the Wii release of RetroArch:
- Final Burn Alpha Cores (CPS1 - CPS2 - NeoGeo) [version 0.2.97.26]
- FCEUmm (Nintendo Entertainment System) [recent SVN version]
- Gambatte (Game Boy | Super Game Boy | Game Boy Color) [version 0.5.0 WIP]
- Genesis Plus GX (Sega SG-1000 | Master System | Game Gear | Genesis/Mega Drive | Sega CD) [version 1.7.0]
- SNES9x Next (Super Nintendo/Super Famicom)
- VBA Next (Game Boy Advance)
- Prboom (for playing Doom 1/Doom 2/Ultimate Doom/Final Doom)
- Mednafen PCE Fast (PC Engine/PC Engine CD/Turbografx 16)
- Mednafen Wonderswan (WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color/WonderSwan Crystal)
Copy the entire directory (retroarch-wii) to your SD card in your 'apps' directory. Start up the Homebrew Channel and start up RetroArch Wii from there.
On first startup, RetroArch will create a folder in the root of your storage device called 'retroarch'. All RetroArch configuration files are stored here.
You can now select a ROM that this core supports and load it in the Filebrowser.
RetroArch will select one of the dozen or so emulator/game cores on start-up. The name of the core currently loaded will be shown at the bottom side of the screen. To select a different core - go to the Settings menu (see 'Ingame controls'). Select the option 'Core' and hit the A button. A filebrowser will appear where you can select a different core. Press A to switch to the emulator/game core.
After doing so, select 'Restart RetroArch' to load the newly selected core.
RetroArch Wii will create a new input config file for each core you load. All input settings will be saved when RetroArch exits.
NOTE: When starting up a new core for the first time, you might have to first initialize the input settings. Go to the Settings menu (see 'Ingame controls') and go to 'Controller #number config'. Re-set the 'Device' by going back and forth between a previous device. The controls will be automatically applied.
This only has to be done once per core.
- Some games don't run at fullspeed on Wii (VBA Next is a RetroConsole Level 2 emulator port). It will be replaced by a
port of gpSP in the near future.
- The biggest Neo-Geo ROMs that can be loaded are around 23+MB in size, such as Real Bout Fatal Fury 1 and King of Fighters '96.