|Author(s)||Themaister, Squarepusher, Toad King|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
RetroArch is a modular multi-system emulator system that is designed to be fast, lightweight and portable. This Wii port can run cores for a large number of systems, including CPS1, CPS2, and NEOGEO.
The following emulators/games have been ported to RetroArch and are included in the Wii release of RetroArch:
- 81 (ZX 81)
- Atari 800 (Atari)
- Final Burn Alpha Cores (CPS1 - CPS2 - NeoGeo) [version 0.2.97.26]
- FCEUmm (Nintendo Entertainment System) [recent SVN version]
- Fuse (ZX Spectrum)
- Gambatte (Game Boy | Super Game Boy | Game Boy Color) [version 0.5.0 WIP]
- Genesis Plus GX (Sega SG-1000 | Master System | Game Gear | Genesis/Mega Drive | Sega CD) [version 1.7.0]
- Lutro (2D game engine)
- Mame 2000 (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator)
- Mednafen NGP (Neo Geo Pocket)
- Mednafen PCE Fast (PC Engine/PC Engine CD/Turbografx 16)
- Mednafen PCFX (PC-FX)
- Mednafen Supergrafx (PC Engine SuperGrafx)
- Mednafen VB (Virtual Boy)
- Mednafen Wonderswan (WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color/WonderSwan Crystal)
- mGBA (Game Boy Advance)
- Mr Boom (Bomberman clone)
- Nestopia (Nintendo Entertainment System)
- Np2kai (Nec PC 98)
- NXEngine (Cave Story game engine clone)
- PrBoom (for playing Doom 1/Doom 2/Ultimate Doom/Final Doom)
- QuickNES (Nintendo Entertainment System)
- SNES9x Next (Super Nintendo/Super Famicom)
- Stella (Atari 2600)
- Tyrquake (Quake 1)
- VBA Next (Game Boy Advance)
Copy the entire directory (retroarch-wii) to your SD card in your 'apps' directory. Start up the Homebrew Channel and start up RetroArch Wii from there.
On first startup, RetroArch will create a folder in the root of your storage device called 'retroarch'. All RetroArch configuration files are stored here.
You can now select a ROM that this core supports and load it in the Filebrowser.
RetroArch will select one of the dozen or so emulator/game cores on start-up. The name of the core currently loaded will be shown at the bottom side of the screen. To select a different core - go to the Settings menu (see 'Ingame controls'). Select the option 'Load Core' and hit the A (or 2) button. A filebrowser will appear where you can select a different core. Press A (or 2) to switch to the emulator/game core.
See the RetroArch documentation for setting the controls.
- Some GBA games don't run at fullspeed on Wii (VBA Next is a RetroConsole Level 2 emulator port). It will be replaced by a port of gpSP in the near future.
- The biggest Neo-Geo ROMs that can be loaded are around 23+MB in size, such as Real Bout Fatal Fury 1 and King of Fighters '96.