What is it?
This is a framework guide for programmers - using things like XML, Fonts, Images and the
Standard Template Library.
STL is a C++ library of container classes, algorithms, and iterators.
NEW - check out my latest game 'High Octane' for Android devices *visit the Google Play Store*
The framework is basically my ‘Bolt Thrower’ game stripped of all its guts, I’ve also removed anything yet unfinished or confusing for this guide.
- Easy support images – using image library Tga, Pnu & Jpg pictures.
- Supports optimised fonts – using font manager
- Supports dynamically generated XML variables - banish hard coded variables with no need to recompile
- Initialises the Wii
- Simplifies screen updating
- Provides a 3D camera interface
- Debug support
- Uses techniques like Hash Strings, STL containers & Singletons
- Little-endian file support
Things you’ll find in the package
- makefonts.bat - (uses FontTool.exe to create a few example fonts)
- CompileAndRun.bat (Creates and runs a dol via WiiLoad, see makefile)
- Source - (this is all the code, including TinyXML source)
- lib - (extra 3rd party libs needed for this package to compile)
- Things_For_SD_Card - (Working example for launching via homebrew channel)
- makefile - (The projects rules for compiling)
How do I download it?
Download the framework package here or via the infobox