|Type||Role playing game|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
Obligatory Low Quality Video (OLQV™)
This video shows the start of a game of POWDER.
Number of times I've ever found a scroll of Identify in the starting room when not just playing it for demonstration purposes: zero.
Note: While the highscore is kept, save games are never preserved between versions. Please wait until your current character dies before upgrading.
117-1 - 6th January, 2012
- Updated to version 117 of POWDER, see the POWDER releases page for changes.
116-1 - 13th October, 2011
- Updated to version 116 of POWDER, see the POWDER releases page for changes.
115-1 - 14th December, 2010
- Updated to version 115 of POWDER, see the POWDER releases page for changes.
114-1 - 6th June, 2010
- Updated to version 114 of POWDER, see the POWDER releases page for changes.
- This version contains a new version of the Akoi Meexx 10 tileset with a larger font, in addition to the "distorted" version which is the default tileset for this port (screenshots to follow later). Try it out and see which you like best.
113-1 - 16th April, 2010
- Updated to version 113 of POWDER, see the POWDER releases page for changes.
112-1 - 20th January, 2010
- Updated to version 112 of POWDER, see the POWDER releases page for changes.
Thanks to Jeff Lait for making POWDER and making the source available for porting, and to the SDL Wii contributors for their own porting efforts.
Please note that SDL Wii uses whatever controller configuration it detected when you loaded the application. Plugging/unplugging a Classic Controller after this point is not supported.
The action performed by some buttons can be remapped by pressing when in the Command Menu. This allows controls to be customised to suit your playing style. For example, if you're playing the game primarily as a Necromancer, you'll likely want to map a button to the Command command, which allows you to give orders to creatures under your control.
Mapping changes will persist across games.
POWDER itself is not open source, but source is available from its Download page under a license which allows for porting.
A file containing Wii port changes, to be applied to powder111_src.tar.gz, will be made available from this page.
On Windows, I used Cygwin (with the make and g++ packages installed) to build the support files - this should be as simple as changing to the port/linux/ directory and invoking make premake.
Ensure you have SDL Wii and its dependencies available in your libogc directory as per its install instructions.
Change to the port/wii/ directory and invoke make.
|Fix issue where graphics don't display using the existing SDL port code||☑|
|Enable X/Y button support for classic controller (should be a sinple #define change)||☑|
|Map home button to return to loader||☑|
|Detect when 16:9 display is being used and correct aspect ratio automatically||☐|
|When entering your name initially, the cursor is picking up fragments of background graphics as it moves||☐|
- A god granted spell during polymorph causes a glitch when player is returned to normal form, results in -1 skill point.